I love just about everything about this hotel. The ambiance, the service, the modern architecture and decor, and the food. This hotel literally screams high quality experience.
From the time you pull up to the entrance of the hotel, you are cordially greeted by doorman(women) who welcome you to the hotel with a sense of class and sophistication missing from Hilton hotels in the United States. Walking through the entrance of into the lobby provides a similar experience as the color scheme and architecture give the space a very modern feel. With their straight lines, bronze color, and hints of glass and tile, you immediately feel like you are in the lap of luxury.
Heading to the front desk is an incredibly warming experience as the front desk personnel seem eager to help you. There's nothing better than being greeted by a warm smile and sense of professionalism after a long day worth of travel or business. The people who work the front desk at the Tokyo Hilton have obviously mastered the art of customer service. And no worries about the language barrier here. Every one of the agents at the front desk and the concierge speak perfect English.
This may be a good time to mention why I said "I love just about everything" in my opening statement. It's the fact that everyone speaks perfect English. It might sound silly, but when I travel abroad, I like to feel that I've immersed myself in a different culture. I love the adventure of trying to understand local colloquialisms and even the nuances of the language. While at the Tokyo Hilton, you feel like you're at any luxury hotel in a major metropolitan city (like NYC). The only real difference is that a majority of the people are Japanese.
I can see that Hilton took great pains in creating an atmosphere of luxury and grandeur here, but I wish they had also added some tasteful touches from the local Japanese culture. Something to leave visitors with a feeling that they'd escaped their normal world and had entered a new, mysterious place where comfort, extravagance, and experience await. That's all.
I've stayed here twice. Once in a Junior Suite and the other in a King Executive suite. You will have NO issues with any of those room selections. Both are duly appointed with flat-screen television, incredible vistas of downtown Tokyo, and a bed that provides comfort like no other. I know that the comfort of a bed is subjective, but Hilton got it just right for me. Once I laid down, I was out.
I'm also a Gold member with HHonors, so I have access to the Executive Lounge. This is a great to grab a drink with co-workers, discuss business details with clients, and enjoy some very delectable treats from both Japanese and western cultures. Definitely worth a try if you have access. The breakfast buffet is incredible and offers a wide variety of food from both Japanese and western cultures. Be careful though...it's a bit on a pricey side.
The restaurants in the Shinjuku Hilton are also incredible. My favorite is the BRASSERIE CHECKERS which offers a buffet option of food from all over the world. If you're there when they're serving the stuffed squid or the Lobster Tails, you HAVE to try them. They're absolutely delicious.
The hotel is also conveniently located 10 minutes from the Shinjuku train station and also provides a limousine bus service to Narita airport.
All in all, I love this hotel. I try to stay here when I can while in Tokyo for business. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo boasts market leading contemporary guestrooms, spectacular bars and restaurants and one of the finest health clubs in the city. Enjoy Tokyo's most popular location - Shinjuku, with easy access to JR Shinjuku Station and direct access from the hotel to the Tokyo Metro (Subway). Follow us on facebook Hilton Tokyo (Official) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Rakuten, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku