My husband and I spent a whole week at the Hilton Shinjuku both on business and pleasure. We had some concerns about the service and the breakfast because of previous reviews. However, being Hilton Honors members we chose the Hilton over other nice properties in the area. We must say we were extremely pleased with our choice. The service was exceptional from every department. After a VERY long trip from Orlando, Florida (17 hours in the air) we arrived tired and cranky. The front desk was courteous and quick. The breakfasts were extraordinary... American (eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, fruit bar, bakery bar etc.) Japanese (miso, rice, fish, seaweed, kelp etc.) Juice/Smoothie bar (delicious healthy concoctions of fruit, vegetables and the sorts) and of course a variety of both teas and coffees got the morning off to a good start. The servers were considerably better then expected and really highlighted "Japanese Hospitality".
However, the best thing about this particular hotel has got to be the concierge staff. Since we both travel extensively to foreign countries we rely heavily on the knowledge and support of the
people behind the concierge desk and in this department the Hilton Tokyo excelled. For example, we were told by a different hotel's concierge staff that there was no "Dressage" in Tokyo. The Park Hyatt staff was at least aware of the riding stable but was convinced that there was NO public access. After returning to our hotel we asked Aoki-san to look into the matter. After a quick search on the net and a phone call she produced completely different information. We are pleased to share that she alone was absolutely accurate. A foreigner can get a riding lesson in Dressage at the Tokyo Riding Club, and do it in English! This is just one example of how accurate information can change the course of a trip and we owe many thanks to Aoki-san for doing a great job every single morning. Whether business or pleasure we recommend this property for its helpful and knowledgeable staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku