“One of the Best Hotels in the Hilton Chain”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I spent a whole week at the Hilton Shinjuku both on business and pleasure. We had some concerns about the service and the breakfast because of previous reviews. However, being Hilton Honors members we chose the Hilton over other nice properties in the area. We must say we were extremely pleased with our choice. The service was exceptional from every department. After a VERY long trip from Orlando, Florida (17 hours in the air) we arrived tired and cranky. The front desk was courteous and quick. The breakfasts were extraordinary... American (eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, fruit bar, bakery bar etc.) Japanese (miso, rice, fish, seaweed, kelp etc.) Juice/Smoothie bar (delicious healthy concoctions of fruit, vegetables and the sorts) and of course a variety of both teas and coffees got the morning off to a good start. The servers were considerably better then expected and really highlighted "Japanese Hospitality".
However, the best thing about this particular hotel has got to be the concierge staff. Since we both travel extensively to foreign countries we rely heavily on the knowledge and support of the
people behind the concierge desk and in this department the Hilton Tokyo excelled. For example, we were told by a different hotel's concierge staff that there was no "Dressage" in Tokyo. The Park Hyatt staff was at least aware of the riding stable but was convinced that there was NO public access. After returning to our hotel we asked Aoki-san to look into the matter. After a quick search on the net and a phone call she produced completely different information. We are pleased to share that she alone was absolutely accurate. A foreigner can get a riding lesson in Dressage at the Tokyo Riding Club, and do it in English! This is just one example of how accurate information can change the course of a trip and we owe many thanks to Aoki-san for doing a great job every single morning. Whether business or pleasure we recommend this property for its helpful and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate W
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you you for sharing your stay experience and for your comment that Hilton Tokyo is “One of the Best Hotels in the Hilton Chain”

Hearing from or guests is a key part of our hospitality goal and to know that we were such a main component of making your stay in Tokyo outstanding is so very rewarding.

In particular your comments concerning our Concierge, Front Desk and Food and Beverage Team is really appreciated. The team will be thrilled to know that you appreciated their service.

Thank you again and we hope that based on your recent travels you will return to explore more of our great (and huge) city.

Hilton Tokyo

Write a ReviewReviews (4,706)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here on my last 2 days. It was a bit more expensive than the hotel I came from, but it is very nice. The rooms are great and the hotel bars and restaraunts are very good. Great location to the Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower and the coolest electronics store I have ever seen, 8 floors of nothing but state of the art technology. Beds and bath were top notch

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

As a hotelier it is our aim to create an environment that feels like home and it is so very rewarding to know that you felt this way.

My team and I appreciate that you chose to stay with us and that you shared your experience on tripadvisor.

We look forward to seeing you back when your travels take you back to Tokyo.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during my business trip to Tokyo and we were not disappointed. The Hilton Tokyo is an amazing place, especially if you hold Diamond status or are staying on the executive floor. The rooms were typical - perfectly appointed and very quiet but what really made me happy and will make us stay here next time is the executive lounge. Just amazing, from the full buffet breakfast to the evening food (which was more than enough for a full dinner if you're looking to save money). The evening food consisted of snacks, cheese, several hot items and unlimited alcoholic beverages - yes, you heard me right! As much as this made us happy, what really got me was the apple juice! Yes, the apple juice. For some reason the apple juice in Japan is incredible. I had a glass at almost every meal or time we stopped in. We'd grab some waters in the morning and evening and I'd always have an apple juice as well.
Overall, this was one of the best Hilton's I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. My team and I are so pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and made your stay in Tokyo memorable.

Hilton Tokyo is committed to being one of the best Hilton Hotels and it is appreciated that you took the time to share your experience on this forum. As we do with all guest English feedback your comments will be translated and shared with all of our team members.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this Hilton, we had a nice room with a good view on the 25th floor, spotlessly clean and very comfy bed and pillows.
Personally if in Tokyo again we would probably stay in a different area to have more life around in the evenings however this hotel was very close to the main station and local subway so travel was very easy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

My team and I thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate the time taken to share your experience on tripadvisor.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel and it is still as good as the first time I stayed. Even though the hotel was very busy (I always stay during Golden week), the staff always run a very slick operation. The only gripe I have is that as the hotel is being refurbished half of the lifts were out of action, so there were queues for the lifts at peak times, which was frustrating.
The breakfast buffet is amazing and the staff never rush you, which is just as well because I always make sure I have a hearty breakfast!!
There is just one more point I would like to make...can you please make wifi available in all rooms free of charge!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

It is so wonderful to know we are consistently meeting your expectations and that you always enjoy staying with us.

We do however apologize for any delays experienced due to the elevator replacement which is essential work. During this process four of the 6 elevators are operating at all times and as the system operates in pairs we have no option but to renovate as programmed. I am however pleased to advise that at the end of May two elevators will re enter service and we will see some marked improvement in elevator speeds through until the project completion - August 2013.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

A little impersonal but pretty much what you expect from a large hotel. Rooms perfectly adequate, make sure you specify smoking or not.
Allow 90 mins to get from Narita airport, use the limo bus for Y3k rather than taxi for Y24k.
Seemed central to get around the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Graham C

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Mr Jamie A Mead

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I love the idea of this hotel, it is big and wonderful. Now the rooms are a little small, but a good size for Tokyo. I have stayed here three times, all on the club floors. If you can purchase a room with club access, you must do so. The value of the food that the club provides is amazing. There are many of great attractions near by. It is also an easy trip via the limo bus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Garrick M

Dear Guest,

To be characterized as a 'great hotel' is appreciated and thank you for sharing your experience on this forum.

Rooms at the Hilton Tokyo are of varied sizes across all room categories due to the unique 'S' shape of the tower. Rooms in order of size are - king followed by twin and queen with the exception of suites which vary greatly based on category.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.