For first time visitors, the Tokyo Hilton was a fine base from which to explore Tokyo and surrounding country. It is convenient to Narita transportation [airport busses stop right in the driveway and Shinjuku train station is 1Km away. We used the Narita Express train]. Visitors would be smart to use the bus unless they know their way around Shinjuku.
The Hilton Hotel sits amidst the skyscrapers of the Shinjuku district. This is a spotlessly clean area of modern buildings. Outside and in common areas, the Hilton fit this description. Our room was surprisingly large, very quiet, and had all the executive amenities expected from the Hilton brand. The view was outstanding. The only physical area we thought they might improve was the condition of some of the fixtures in the bathroom where years of high occupancy have started to show. It is also worth mentioning that Internet is expensive – around $16.50 per day.
English was no problem. The front desk and baggage storage employees were very friendly, eager to communicate, and quite helpful. We looked for, but did not see, an activities planning desk. We would have found such an activities desk helpful to answer some basic questions about sightseeing in Tokyo and surrounding countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, JAPANiCAN, Priceline, Rakuten, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku