I made a stop over in Tokyo on my way to China to meet friends for a dinner in central Tokyo. Since I am a loyal HHonors Diamond member, this hotel being in the heart of Shinjuku was a natural choice. Narita Airport shuttle had a direct stop at the hotel.
The hotel is solid in most areas, e.g. room, facilities, restaurant service, etc. as many others have reviewed. So I won't repeat here. From my experience, there were 2 areas that can be improved upon:
- Check in: While there was a marked check in line/area designated for HHonors next to the general check in line, it was not in operation at the time of my check in, even though there was a long line of 5-6 parties and no staff inquired if anyone was a HHonors member.
- I had a reservation at the hotel for the airport shuttle in early morning. While the shuttle bus was by the entrance on time and the shuttle bus driver already got all passengers onto the bus, it took 10-15 mins before the hotel staff came out to exchange paperwork with the driver and confirm the passengers boarded from the hotel. The shuttle thus had a late departure.
I would like to reiterate that the aforementioned feedback should be deemed as a tune up point, not a turn away point. The hotel is great all around. I will always go back to the hotel when I visit Tokyo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Rakuten, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku