$358
  • Pool
$175
$169
  • Restaurant
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
$275
$187
$204
$186
4,816 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemarble loungejunior suiteshinjuku stationshuttle busgold memberbreakfast buffetconcierge deskcomplimentary shuttleexcellent hotelnarita airportshuttle servicebusy hotelan upgradebusiness districtthe hotel offersmount fuji
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotel and both times it hasn't disappointed. The staff are welcoming, friendly and knowledgable. The free shuttle to Shinjuku station is great, really easy to find and always on time. This is a great service and adds to the overall experience. The hotel it's self is fantastic, really well maintained and has everything you could need. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a great location, the Hilton Shinjuku is the place to stay.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan P
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and my team and I thank you for your time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

As an expat living abroad, rarely do I find a hotel that reminds me of home, but the Hilton Tokyo nailed it! The bed was a western bed and extremely comfortable, the breakfast was superb, and the concierge was wonderful. We unfortunately only had 24 hours in Tokyo and wanted to make the best of it, and the concierge helped us plan out our activities so that we saw everything on our list.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The title of your review is so nice to hear for a hotelier as we aim to make our guests feel at home!

Your feedback is sincerely appreciated and I will translate and share your review ith the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four days on the 21st floor. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit out of date, but entirely functional, and when we're talking about Japanese toilets, that includes a few buttons for bum washes, if you're interested. The service inside the hotel is excellent, very much up to five star standards. The breakfast is very good, but can be expensive (¥2,500) if it's not included.

The hotel itself is a 15 minute walk (at least) from Shinjuku Station. There is a shuttle that runs from 8:00 to 21:40. At other hours if you're in a hurry, you're taking a ¥710 cab ride to and from. As my meetings were everywhere but Shinjuku, this wasn't entirely convenient, but the costs of other major hotels outside of Shinjuku were nothing short of outrageous (starting at ¥27,000). Try to avoid booking last minute, because rates only go up from there, into the stratosphere. I booked ¥19,700 per night a month in advance; a week in advance and the rooms were going for ¥90,000!!!

Room Tip: For those used to non-smoking, it's important to make that clear at the time of booking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed our hotel.

Concerning location, Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku which is the primary transport hub of Tokyo and provides access to the majority of rail/bus and air options to the city and also Narita, Haneda and Yokohama. Located in B2 we also have direct access to two subway lines making all areas of the city easy to access within minutes.

Greater Tokyo is one of the world's largest cities and due to the sheer size it is impossible to be close to everything however access to transportation hubs is the key to efficiently getting around. Our concierge is available to assist all guests on efficient transportation planning to make a stay as enjoyable and productive as possible.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am an Australian who stayed at the Hilton Tokyo after a ski trip to see tokyo for a few days. I was staying for three days and am often staying hotels that are deemed 4/4.5 star. While I stayed there i stayed in a twin share room with my gf. The overall stay was dissapointing to what I was expecting and at best would give it 3.5 stars. When I checked in they did not have a non-smokers room so I was forced to stay in the smokers room level, which stunk of cigarettes. The bathroom was small and outdated, and the concierge was not particually friendly (perhaps the language barrier, I am not sure for her bad demeanour.) The lobby area only has a handful of chairs to sit on which are usually occupied, so if you want to sit and wait you have to do so in the restaurant. Furthermore if you want wifi you have to be in the lobby to have free access, if you want it in your room you have to pay for it which is poor considering at most hotels it is complimentary. On the plus side, the room had a great view over the city, the bed was very comfortable and large. The best feature was a complimentary bus that ran from the hotel into the shinjuku shopping district which we used very often. Overall though, I would not recomend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doolie_13
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear your feedback and would like to clarify some points for this forum.

Hilton Tokyo offers a variety of room types and you booked a standard twin room. These rooms are currently under full renovation and will be completed at the end of Q1 2013. My team did however explain to you that due to your early arrival only a smoking room was available (check in time is 2pm) and we would have provided a non smoking room if you preferred to wait as rooms were not available.

Concerning wifi - internet access is charged in all Hilton Hotels and complimentary access is available in the lobby and level 2. Additionally there is free access in our business centre with wifi, PC's and ample seating.

The team at the hotel is consistently recognized for their service and it is unfortunate that you felt that the service did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the team in our ongoing effort to further improve our service.

I would however like to assure all tripadvisor readers that Hilton Tokyo is a full service upper upscale hotel committed to the highest quality of product and service.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Room 2925 is a Jnr Suite which is a triple + upgrade from the 40,000 Diamond Reward points booking that usually gives you a standard Queen City View room. A pleasing although the room is surprisingly sparse; I am guessing this is just Japanese simplicity.

The receptionist at check-in is not sure whether Diamond members can eat the full buffet breakfast at St George's Bar and suggests I enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge. But I keep my composure and after entering my suite dial concierge and re-ask and they profusely apologize stating of course as a Diamond Member I can enjoy breakfast in the main restaurant. Ten minutes later the chief concierge knocks on my door, bows deeply, and presents my breakfast voucher.

Luckily I held to my guns as the Executive lounge was a real mess - people everywhere, food haphazardly placed on bench-tops; after a quick Asahi Beer, I am out and to the gym.

The gym is state of the art. Excellent facilities with a tennis court, indoor pool, and über relaxing 'ofuro' Japanese bath, spa, and sauna. Heaven.

Breakfast is Hilton standard - excellent and plentiful, served by smiling, 'can-do' staff. It's always a pleasure dining at a Hilton!

After dropping my Express check-out envelope into the box, I catch the 'on-time' 8.32am shuttle to Shinjuku station.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your review and for choosing Hilton Tokyo.

The suite you experienced is of Japanese style and is very subtly decorated. We do however have 'City' suites that may suit your preferences better as they are of a more western style.

Concerning Diamond HHonors benefits - a complimentary Continental Breakfast is provided as detailed in the members benefits schedule. My team offered the correct amenity to you and only as a gesture of goodwill provided a breakfast voucher for the main restaurant. A full buffet breakfast is not an entitlement of the HHonors program at any membership level.

Your comments concerning our Executive Lounge is disappointing as we take great pride in the quality of food and beverages served in this area. Food is definitely not haphazardly placed on benches and we provide a selection of quality hot and cold canapés with full bar service, extensive morning continental breakfast (plus two hot dishes), all day refreshments and afternoon tea.

We do however thank you for your feedback and appreciate your positive comments concerning our fitness centre and breakfast food and service quality.