“Convenient, friendly, clean and great price.”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Sydney
“Convenient, friendly, clean and great price.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

There really isn't anything bad I can say about any of the hotels we stayed in in Japan on our recent trip and this Hilton is no exception. The check in staff and the concierge were extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel was great for sightseeing (Subway on door step) and a short walk we were in a shopping/entertainment district. We had use of the Hilton Executive lounge which provided excellent snacks and beverages but as usual, we slept through the complimentary breakfast! I've only ever found one hotel that served breakfast as long as I would like!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have good views of the Tokyo Skyline.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is great to read your review and hear you had a wonderful time not only with us but all around Japan.

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on this forum and we sincerely appreciate it!

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Jamie Mead
Hilton Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent staff and service at the Hilton Tokyo. We had two rooms at this property. Both rooms were clean, had comfortable beds and nice linens. The bathroom was great with a good shower and extra toiletries. The room had a nice tv with a variety of international channels.

There is s a charge for the Internet in the room, but free in the lobby. They have a business room off the lobby that is complimentary and has Mac computers that are maintained and efficient.

We took the Train from the Narita airport to the Shinjuko station. The hotel has a shuttle bus that runs every 20 minutes. You need to exit the station from the WEST entrance. It is a bit confusing if you don't know the station. The shuttle bus picks up in front of the Keio department store , which is at the west exit of the station. Take bus #21.

The Friendly Airport Express bus picks up about every hour. We took it to Narita airport when we left. It was 3000 yen per person. We thought it was easier than the train and it dropped us off at the front door of the Airport.

We had a light dinner at the lobby restaurant the night we arrived. It was very expensive. Two medium pizzas, 5 beers and a coke was. 16,000 yen. It was not worth the money, but we were tired. Most people seemed to take the shuttle bus to the station area where there are many restaurants. Not many restaurants in the immediate area. There is a Starbucks on the corner and a 24 hour grocery that was convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank euroboundtraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! It is so rewarding to know that you enjoyed your stay and that our team took great care of you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lodi, Italy
Reviewed December 29, 2012

i've been there a couple of days in december. Standard room on 9 floor very big (i've used to stay in low price business hotel chains :D), big bathroom, king bed really comfortable, i did not accept their offer at checkin for breakfast/internet which i found quite expensive (in low price business hotel wired internet is FREE!!). Hotel is near subway station but "far" (10-15min on foot) from JR shinjuku station but here comes the shuttle bus which is really useful.
During my stay there was a big earthquake and elevators shut down for a while but the staff was very helpful.
I'll stay again on my next trip to tokyo.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay and you found our location convenient. When you next return we will have our new guest rooms available and I am certain you will enjoy the new products.

Thank you for choosing Hilton and we are glad you are planning to return in the future.

Best wishes for 2013.

California
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We only stayed one night at the Hilton last November but we were very much impressed by the gentleman who checked us in. I don't remember his first name but I think he was Mr. Tsai who was curteous and helpful. First we got lucky and was able to check in early because our plane arrived in the morning. I asked if we are getting a room on the executive floor with lounge access but was told that they are all full that day and the only room available on that level is just a regular room. Instead, Mr. Tsai suggested that we take the junior suite which is much more spacious but without lounge access. He said if we will be out around town anyway there is really no need to use the lounge. He gave us several drink coupons (and ask for more if needed) to the bar in the lobby and also access to the free breakfast buffet the next morning. He was right! We were out all day and didn't even have a chance to use the drink coupons. The junior suite was indeed very spacious and comfortable with an excellent view. Breakfast buffet was great with plenty of choices even though it was kind of crowded. We had a pleasant stay and the hotel is convenient with the free shuttle and also easy walking to shopping if you do not have mobility issues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ROCruiser
Dear Guest,

I am really pleased you enjoyed our Junior Suite and Breakfast. I will also pass on your comments to Andrew who checked you in and ensured you had a wonderful stay.

My team and I really appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for providing such detailed feedback on this forum.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel has good rooms and facilities, but the best feature is the service. All of the staff spoke English well and were very courteous and efficient, particularly the staff in the Executive Lounge on the 37th floor.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms are available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NagoyaTraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your comments concerning the excellent service you received. This is our aim for all guests and the team really enjoys to hear that we created a great memory and achieved our goal!

I hope after this experience you will come back to Tokyo and stay with us again.

Happy New Year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this hotel after completing a tour in North Korea in September 2012, and we needed a bit of luxury.

I managed to get a good rate at this hotel though the airline that I work for.

The Hilton Tokyo is a good, centrally located hotel that has excellent, and very understanding staff. The only downside is the cost of the WiFi for the day.

The room was larger than average in Tokyo, with 2 lovely soft, comfortable beds with a choice of pillows. I had such a nice sleep here! And the toilet is the most amazing toilet (when you stay here, you'll understand!!).

There is a Tokyo Metro station directly below the hotel in the shopping mall, which is handy to get to everywhere in Tokyo.

Check out was smooth and easy, and the reception staff suggested getting the limousine bus to the airport as it would be easier with baggage. All in all, an excellent hotel in Tokyo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank David J
Dear Guest,

Your review title 'Excellent Hotel in Tokyo' is so very pleasing to a hotelier and thank you for your review.

Your trip definately sounds interesting and I am glad we could be a part of it and met your expectations in regard to luxury, comfort, location and service.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2013.

Fukuoka, Japan
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is my 2nd trip and 2nd time staying at the Hilton Tokyo. This time I traveled with my infant child and they were very accommodating in that respect. They provided a crib for our entire stay which is a great help to us.

The positives:

The Executive Lounge is one of the best. I love that it is open all day and is very helpful when I am working and my wife is at the hotel that she can go get a snack and relax. I feel the staff tried very hard to accommodate us and work around us having a baby with us. I am a Hilton Diamond member and I stay at this Hilton because of the lounge. They staff also went to great lengths to try and accommodate some foods/snacks for my wife who couldn't eat dairy.

It has a great location relative to Shinjuku.

The executive floor rooms are fantastic and we definitely did not have any complaints with the room. Our first night we were not able to be in an executive floor room and the staff, after asking, found a way to move us onto the executive floor after the first night.

The negatives:

My child has a milk allergy right now.. which means while my wife is nursing my wife can't have milk..or milk products. We understand this can be difficult in Japan to avoid but it is possible. We did explain that she can't have milk, butter, whey, anything dairy. We even have a sign written in Japanese that says this so there shouldn't be any confusion. The staff did try very hard I felt to accommodate this. However at least 2 times she was served food that did in fact have dairy in it. Primarily margarine (which after asking..and confirming with the staff who talked to the kitchen. does have dairy in it) Also she was served a sandwich(two different times) where the bread contained dairy. As I said they did try hard but it just seems like it is such a common allergy problem that understanding that margarine that contains butter/whey..is pretty much milk. No real harm was done other than a child with a tummy ache for a few days..which isn't fun mind you. I don't know if the fault is with the serving staff not asking the right questions or cooks not understanding what dairy free means. It could of been a real problem for someone that has a more serious food allergy. But maybe people that do are more careful and ask more questions? I think we tend to think if we say no dairy that they understand and food items the staff claims are ok to consume are indeed ok.

The nice to of haves??

We found that the hotel did have a few activities such as Christmas hula dancers/singers in the lobby on a couple of evenings. I guess the negative part is we only knew of this as we walked out of the hotel for dinner. Something may of told us about these things in our rooms but we didn't see it. It would of been appreciated if when we checked in, knowing we would be there a week, to have something like that made known to us.

We will still go back to this Hilton as long as the lounge is there anyway. With any luck my child would of outgrown the allergy thing and my wife can eat all those yummy things she wanted to eat but couldn't while she was there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank livingabroaduk
Dear guest,

It is great to know you had a very good stay however I apologize and am concerned regarding the requested special non dairy diet.

I will ensure through our Executive Chef and Director of Operations that this is reviewed and processes in place to ensure we have no future irregularities. Special diets though quite uncommon in Japan need to be managed with great care and consistency.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Jamie Mead
Hilton Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#12 of 81 in Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!