Hilton Tokyo
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
$228
$260
$225
Priceline
4,818 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemarble loungejunior suiteshinjuku stationshuttle busgold memberbreakfast buffetconcierge deskcomplimentary shuttleexcellent hotelnarita airportshuttle servicebusy hotelan upgradebusiness districtthe hotel offersmount fuji
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here our first night in Tokyo, then had to move to another hotel for business. We were supposed to stay at other hotel for 7 nights, but after 3 nights, we moved back to the Hilton. It was convenient to everything, but more importantly, it was more comfortable for us because of its Western style. (We try to stay at Hilton hotels when we travel outside the U.S. and this hotel did not disappoint.) Considering our long stay in Tokyo - 10 days - this hotel was the perfect fit for us.

The hotel is beautiful, clean, and offers all the amenities of a Hilton in a large city. The staff were very friendly and always asked if they could assist us. We used the Executive Lounge (2 rooms - the largest Exec Lounge we have ever seen), which fortunately, served Western-style food in addition to Japanese food, although their scrambled eggs were more like a curdled soup than scrambled eggs and the bacon is served almost raw. Fortunately, they also offer a large selection of fruits and cereal as alternatives. The evening fare in the Executive Lounge was hit and miss for American palates. If you plan to use the Executive Lounge, plan to go early, as this place is always packed and sometimes you will have to wait in line for a table.

All in all, this was a great place with great service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thetravelczarina
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive comments regarding our rooms, lounge and service and also for leaving another hotel and returning to Hilton!

I will translate and share your comments with the team and also pass on your view concerning Executive Lounge food. Concerning breakfast, items are prepared to suit both local and broad international palates. Unfortunately it is not always possible to satisfy all guests with all dishes however we always appreciate feedback and will continue to refine what we offer.

MR. JAMIE A MEAD
General Manager - Hilton Tokyo

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Returned again to the Tokyo Hilton in December and was not disappointed. I find this hotel to be a convenient hop from the airport on the Airport Express even though it is a bus vs a private car. It is also a short walk underground to the subway just off Shinjuku so getting around is fairly straight forward and the concierge will help with instructions, tickets and directions.

The hotel is usually quite busy so book early, I find it quite full but reasonably quiet for all the business they have. The exec lounge is a good place to work and catch up on things while traveling. On a clear day you can see the mountains and get a great sunset from there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank papat
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoy our hotel.

Hilton Tokyo is very fortunate to have so many loyal and regular guests and all of the team really look forward to seeing familiar faces.

Your comments on our Executive Lounge is also appreciated and I will thank the team for their care.

I would also like to wish you all the very best over the festive season and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Good location. Good view, at least my kid enjoyed it. Standard, basic Room. Clean. Good and friendly service but I guess it's the norm in Japan. Very close to train station. Free shuttle from Narita. Starbucks across the street. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wid S
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending Hilton Tokyo on this forum.

My team and I wish you a lovely Festive Season and New Year!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The staff in this hotel are so friendly. I made the mistake of booking through Priceline and was placed directly next to the elevator. Needless to say I did not get much sleep, it was very loud. The hotel was booked so I was not able to change my room. This was no fault of the staff. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would recommend staying on one of the top floors, the views are AMAZING! The restaurants in the hotel are good. There is a little something for everyone. I would probably stay here again. The only downfall is the noise, between the elevator and the kids running around above me I did not get much rest. It was very very loud. Do not book through Priceline or websites of the like, they give you a crappy room. However, overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Concerning the elevator this is unusual and my Chief Engineer is investigating and will rectify. The elevator should not disturb our guests and has not been a problem in the past.

Please accept my apologies for this dissapointment and assurance it will not reoccur.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Hilton Tokyo was the first of three hotel we visited in Japan.
The hotel is located roughly 15 min from the Shinjuku station and a free shuttle bus is departing the hotel every 20 minutes which is quite convenient.
The hotel itself is quite large, there must be hundreds of rooms and the lobby is always busy.
If you are used to Hilton hotels around the world, you won't fall from your chair, it hasn't been "japanized" very much and the room is fairly similar to what you would find in Sydney, Shanghai or Singapore.
As we had booked an executive room, we checked in on the 37th floor which is always nice, efficient and friendly staff up there, we were upgraded to a junior suite on the 34th floor, great views and the room itself was quite large (small bathroom though, and the usual Crabtree and Evelyn amenities were unfortunately replace by another brand).
I would strongly recommend you pay the extra few dollars for the executive floor; not only for the view but, also for the lounge itself which is very handy, comfortable and will serve you great cocktails before you head out for dinner in busy Tokyo!
The staff are really nice and don't mind going the extra mile to help you find what you want. It really was a great time.

I have only one negative comment to make but it's a BIG one, and I will not rate the hotel 5* because of that: we are in 2012, in a 5* hotel, in the middle of one of biggest cities in the world, the Queen herself is tweeting daily and they are asking us to pay ¥1500 per day for wifi in the room?? You can't be serious! You get free wifi in bloody motels on the highway these days!!

Mr Mead, I see that you are usually personally answering to all reviews on tripadvisor, please read this and do something! The result is that your lobby and executive lounge are full of iPad holders, not enjoying the great service but sending freaking emails to their boss and wives!

Apart from that, fellow travellers, grab a good deal and go to the Hilton Tokyo!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank LeLeviathan
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review and my team and I really appreciate the time taken to share your experience.

Concerning wifi - wifi is available on a complimentary basis in the Executive Lounge and Lobby areas of the hotel, we also provide iMac and PCs on a complimentary basis in our business centre. At all Hilton Hotels worldwide internet is charged and Hilton Tokyo needs to remain consistent with the global guidelines - I do however understand your comments and will share them with our global team responsible.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.