The Hilton Tokyo was the first of three hotel we visited in Japan.
The hotel is located roughly 15 min from the Shinjuku station and a free shuttle bus is departing the hotel every 20 minutes which is quite convenient.
The hotel itself is quite large, there must be hundreds of rooms and the lobby is always busy.
If you are used to Hilton hotels around the world, you won't fall from your chair, it hasn't been "japanized" very much and the room is fairly similar to what you would find in Sydney, Shanghai or Singapore.
As we had booked an executive room, we checked in on the 37th floor which is always nice, efficient and friendly staff up there, we were upgraded to a junior suite on the 34th floor, great views and the room itself was quite large (small bathroom though, and the usual Crabtree and Evelyn amenities were unfortunately replace by another brand).
I would strongly recommend you pay the extra few dollars for the executive floor; not only for the view but, also for the lounge itself which is very handy, comfortable and will serve you great cocktails before you head out for dinner in busy Tokyo!
The staff are really nice and don't mind going the extra mile to help you find what you want. It really was a great time.
I have only one negative comment to make but it's a BIG one, and I will not rate the hotel 5* because of that: we are in 2012, in a 5* hotel, in the middle of one of biggest cities in the world, the Queen herself is tweeting daily and they are asking us to pay ¥1500 per day for wifi in the room?? You can't be serious! You get free wifi in bloody motels on the highway these days!!
Mr Mead, I see that you are usually personally answering to all reviews on tripadvisor, please read this and do something! The result is that your lobby and executive lounge are full of iPad holders, not enjoying the great service but sending freaking emails to their boss and wives!
Apart from that, fellow travellers, grab a good deal and go to the Hilton Tokyo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo boasts market leading contemporary guestrooms, spectacular bars and restaurants and one of the finest health clubs in the city. Enjoy Tokyo's most popular location - Shinjuku, with easy access to JR Shinjuku Station and direct access from the hotel to the Tokyo Metro (Subway). Follow us on facebook Hilton Tokyo (Official) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Rakuten, Travelocity, JAPANiCAN and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku