I've been to Tokyo a few times and stayed at various hotels through out the amazing city. Being a Diamond member of the Hilton chain and having my business in Shinjuku, i decided to stay at the Hilton Tokyo. I arrived on a Sunday to absolutely fantastic staff! The folks that work at the Hilton Tokyo are some of the most gracious, helpful and courteous hotel staff I've had the luck of meeting world over.The breakfast buffet was really good and accommodated various different ethnicities. Having said this, the hotel itself (with exception to the lobby and the 53rd floor lounge) was rather dated. The rooms are spacious, especially from a Tokyo city perspective, however they are dated...they're not what you expect when you think of a modern Japanese hotel. They're more typical to a north American hotel room (which may be good for some folks) vs. the modern gadget filled hotel rooms you imagine and i have experienced in Tokyo.
So if you're looking from a business travelers perspective, this hotel simply meets the needs (especially if you're working in Shinjuku), but i don't believe it really gives you a full appreciation for some of the neat modern amenities that other hotels in Tokyo have to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Rakuten, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku