Reviewing a Japanese hotel is always going to be difficult, due to the fantastically high levels of service you receive here compared to pretty much everywhere in the world. Trying to think of negatives is difficult as I found pretty much everything to be first class.
The only minor gripe I had was that the restaurants and bars in the hotel are shockingly expensive - although this is similar in other large hotels in the Shinjuku area. A 5 minute walk from the hotel you could find a similar restaurant or bar where the bill would be less than half the price.
The hotel is located nearby to the Nishi-shinjuku and Tochomae stations on the Marunouchi and Oedo lines connected via underground walkways so getting around Tokyo from here is very easy. Alternatively a free shuttle bus to Shinjuku station departs outside the hotel - although to be honest it's only a short 10 minute walk anyway.
Standard rooms are good sized for Tokyo and are clean with large comfy bed and recently refurbished bathroom. Breakfast was very nice with both Japanese and Western style buffet options (and the service was very good).
Overall I really enjoyed the stay here - and perhaps the only 2 things that 'might' put me off staying again would be the high cost of the hotel restaurants and bars (£10+ for a bottle of beer!) and the fact that it is a very 'westernised' hotel so you won't get the 'true' Japanese experience. Other than that it was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo boasts market leading contemporary guestrooms, spectacular bars and restaurants and one of the finest health clubs in the city. Enjoy Tokyo's most popular location - Shinjuku, with easy access to JR Shinjuku Station and direct access from the hotel to the Tokyo Metro (Subway). Follow us on facebook Hilton Tokyo (Official) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku