“Good modern hotel”

Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Luanda, Angola
“Good modern hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here on our last night in Tokyo and thus had experienced a wide range of hotels in Japan. What struck me most is how western it was, busy, a lot less human touch than many if the other hotels. Check was efficient though they forgot our breakfast vouchers which we had to sort out the next morning during breakfast. Felt like we were back in New York! That's no to say it was bad, it's a really good hotel, good clean modern rooms. Great facilities and excellent breakfast as expected from a Hilton. If you are staying on business you can't go wrong, if on holiday you might want to think twice, do you really want to experience Japan then if so try some of the other hotels. If we had stayed in this hotel at the beginning of our trip to Japan I am sure we would not have loved Japan as much as we do today. The hotel is well positioned for business and the concierge helped with many a small thing for us. Tube is close though expect 5 minute walk. Caught the bus back to the airport from the hotel which did simplify things. If I return to Tokyo for business this is where I would stay, on holiday nope there are better options that give you that lovely indescribable Japanse warm feeling.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Tokyo and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our modern facilities and the service provided by our team members. I am also thrilled that you would recommend and choose to stay with us when you return for business.

Hilton has been operating in Japan for close to 50 years and our hotel balances Japanese and Hilton hospitality to create something that is unique to us and respects/values all cultures and the needs of our guests in Shinjuku.

Thank you for sharing your great feedback on trip advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

The Hilton was an okay hotel, but nothing too special.
When I went there, we had booked a supreme room. I was quite disappointed- I thought the rooms were a bit bare and the bathroom was small. (Women--beware!) The room itself was an okay size-- but more alike to a Standard room.
The staff were alright.
Breakfast was European-styled, but it remained the same for the three days we stayed there. Bit boring, and not much variety.
I would give it maybe a 7.5/10 :)

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Angel_Hazel25
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for choosing Hilton Tokyo.

Concerning bathrooms, size varies between room types and I am sure you will be impressed with our new guest room and bathroom that is being launched in January.

Our room design incorporates Japanese design elements resulting in a very clean and un cluttered style with the main feature being Japanese hard woods, shoji (screens) and lacquer.

I am however a little disappointed that we did not fully meet your expectations at breakfast. The Marble Lounge has 130+ items to choose from including Western, Japanese and Chinese sections - which apart from the core items (eg. cereal, fruit, rice/congee, bread etc) change daily on a seven day rotation.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have recently stayed in another Hilton Hotel in Japan and that made us realised how good Hilton Tokyo had been. We haven't written a reveiw right after our last stay but I guess I have to come back and give the praises again.

We have stayed in the Hilton Tokyo for a couple of times and every time, their service delighted us as always. The staff, particularly at the Executive Lounge, had been so helpful and polite. They can help you with all sorts of questions and will not send you away until everything is resolved. Even sometimes we noticed that they were really busy, they still manage to put up their smile and professionalism for every visitor.

We like this modern Hilton Hotel at the heart of Shinjuku and will come back again soon.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It gives all of the team at Hilton Tokyo such pleasure to hear we have delighted our guests and exceeded their expectations.

Thank you for sharing your impressions on tripadvisor and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Oulu, Finland
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have stayed this hotel couple of times when at Tokyo for business. Hotel is very nice and rooms are comfortable. Service is excellent and I like the Hilton breakfast. Tried both membership lounge as well as normal restaurants which are both very good wit nice breakfast selection. Location is good with easy access to Shinjuku station. There is free shuttle to station every 20mins or so. For airport (Narita) hotel is easy to accessed via bus which stops right at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jopex
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Tokyo and I am really pleased you had a plesant stay with us.

My team appreciates the time taken to share your great experience and for that we thank you.

I trust you had a good trip home to Finland and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Although it was 12 years ago, and no doubt the hotel would have had one or two up-grades since then, the Shinjuku Hilton is a "class act", as you would expect. Located in the nerve centre of Shinjuku, one of Tokyo's most intense districts, which features "the busiest train station in the world" (!), the Shinjuku Hilton was my home for 26 weeks. The class of room that I had was not "large" but it was adequate. Visitors to Japan need to understand that the concept of "space" is different in Japan than in the western world. However, my room was, of course, comfortable, quiet, and secure.

And so, everything at the Hilton runs in "perfect" mode. Everything (as per in Japan generally) runs according to "system". Which means.... everything gets done right, but it means that things can "feel" a bit sterile and robotic. Which is what happens when living in a 5 star hotel for a sustained period of time, often.

As an employee of the hotel (I was working there, at that time, as an entertainer) it happened that I had some problems that required me to take a week off. Normally this would be unthinkable. But because the GM was such a nice guy, a decent guy, and had faith and good-will invested in me, a large problem was reduced to "no problem" and we sorted things out easily. Moral of the story: it's always down to the people, or "the person" you happen to be dealing with.

Summing up, my experience at the Tokyo Hilton in Shinjuku was 10 out of 10.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your support over many many years - it is sincerely appreciated.

Hilton Tokyo is home to many regular and long staying guests in Tokyo and it is really pleasing that you always feel at home and comfortable. The team also takes great pleasure in tailoring and supporting special requirements for our longer staying residents.

We look forward to seeing you back in your Tokyo home soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel several times for both work and pleasure. The staff is so welcoming and friendly! If you are a Hilton gold or diamond member, be prepared to be treated great! Since it is a very large hotel we have always been upgraded to a beautiful room and best of all is the executive lounge. It has great snacks all day, beverages all day, and in the evening the serve free appetizers and drinks. You have a fantastic view of Tokyo since it is at the top of the building. The rooms have been upgraded (I have stayed in the old rooms too which were very dated. The new ones are high tech and modern. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank socalfamilytravelers
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear guest,

There is no better praise a hotelier can hear from a guest than being recognised as a "home away from home" and we all thank you for your very kind feedback.

My team and I really look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo when you next return to Japan and once again thank you for recommending our hotel to the tripadvisor community.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My family stayed in Hilton Tokyo for 4 days. Could not have expected any better. A surprised comfortability around every corners of the hotel. The staffs were well mannered and properly equipped with decent English communication skills. As a gold member, complimentary breakfast is included. The eggs were good. No doubt about the food In the morning that was good, but also the smoothies that were served and brought upon to every single table. It enables every guest with easy shuttle bus services.

• Stayed July 2012
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

It's great to receive your comments on tripadvisor that our hotel was 'perfection' and 5 Stars for all measures.

My team and I thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel community and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Safe travels!

Hilton Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 109 in Minato

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!