“A very nice hotel”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The Hilton looks amazing when you walk in - a very flash hotel. The rooms though, are a little more dated, but still very nice. The bathrooms are big with a toilet, basin and a shower/bath. The triple room we stayed in had very little room, but was comfortable enough. The views are excellent and the TV has plenty of English channels. Breakfast was tasty with a huge range of food on offer. Service is amazing - everyone spoke excellent english and were extremely helpful. A very good hotel that is worth staying at! About a 10 minute walk to the Shinjuku subway station.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tbate54
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a fantastic stay and that my team took great care of you.

You may also find it beneficial to reserve one of our larger junior suites or city suites when you next return if requiring an extra bed as our non suite rooms are ideal for double occupancy making space limited for use of the sofa and desk when an extra bed is required.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank-you for choosing Hilton Tokyo.

Hilton Tokyo

Write a ReviewReviews (4,658)

Reviewed September 29, 2011

We just stayed 10 straight days with the Hilton Tokyo Hotel. Every aspect of this stay spoke of the finest resort. This hotel pays meticulous attention to detail from the first step on the property to our point of departure. The doorman greeted us with a smile, handled our luggage and directed us to the front desk. The front desk made every effort to check us in quickly and efficiently. We were feeling the jet lag and appreiated their prompt attention. The front desk manager gave us a personal greeting and directed our luggage to our room. The room was great. The bed was so comfortable we always had a good night's sleep. Turn down service was a perfect touch and the little origami treat they let on my pillow made me smile.

I cannot say enough about the executive lounge. Just walking in the door gives you a feeling of life and entices you in to enjoy the energy. We have a favorite place near the window where we watch the sun set behind Mount Fuji. Very romantic. The food in the lounge is varied and tastes great. Drinks range from coffee and tea, to water and juice, and even wine, beer and mixed drinks. Our questions and requests were handled promptly. I expected top drawer service, but I never dreamt I would feel as if I was at a luxury resort.

The Marble Lounge is beautiful and inviting with a breakfast buffet every morning. The selection of food is varied, attractive, fresh and delicious. I remember someone saying we could order off the menu, but we never did. There is a large selection of western foods as well as traditional Japanese food at breakfast. The chefs prepare the omelet or fried egg perfectly right in front of us. I never realized how good miso soup is at breakfast. We thought the breakfast buffet was our favorite meal in Tokyo until we had lunch at the Hilton Tokyo on Sunday. They have a large selection of food and there is no time limit to their buffet The hostess actually remembered us and welcomed us back. The waitstaff was friendly, professional and efficient. You can tell the chefs love what they do - you can taste it in the food.

As I write this review I realize that the Hilton Tokyo Hotel really has exceeded our expectations. The staff at Hilton Tokyo were sincerely happy to help us. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being perfect, can I have a number better than 10. The Hilton Tokyo Hotel has set a new standard.

Room Tip: It's great in a standard type room, but the executive level room is well worth it. Our favorite...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank-you sincerely for the very positive feedback. My team and I really appreciate your comments and the time taken to pass your satisfaction onto us and to the TripAdvisor community.

Hilton Tokyo aims to provide the best possible experience to all of our guests and it really means a lot to my team to know you were impressed and had a fantastic time.

Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Jamie Mead

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed here twice in 2010 and couldn't fault the hotel.

From the airport, we caught the Airport Shuttle bus and the Hilton is one of their stops which was very handy. If you wanted to catch a train throughout the day to do shopping or sightseeing, the Hilton had a free shuttle bus that runs to the Shinjuku Railway Station every 20 minutes - another bonus!

The hotel foyer and reception area was tastefully decorated. The nearby lounge bar makes great liqueur coffees called “Latte The Mozart” (1270¥) which was coffee crème liqueur, espresso and whipped cream - delicious!

We were upgraded to the Executive Level on one visit. One porter organised our luggage while another person escorted us up to our room - top service! The rooms were a decent size with lovely views. Very neat and clean, usual bathroom amenities and the beds were comfy - as one would expect of Hilton.

Compared to Australia, they have unusual toilets in Japan. In our room, not only were they electric and heated but had all sorts of gadgets (like an inbuilt bidet) and when sitting on their toilet, the water starts to run into the bowl - have no idea why that happens, but a visit to their loo was quite "entertaining" ;)

The Executive Lounge is large and the buffet breakfast was quite good. If you don't want to eat breakfast at the Hilton, there is a Denny's closeby (about a 5 min walk).

Hilton were very obliging and held our bags in storage overnight (while we travelled to Hiroshima for a couple of days) without charging any "holding" fees.

Would certainly recommend the hotel and we would stay here again if we returned to Tokyo.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brissy2

Dear Guest,

It is very satisfying for my team and I to receive such great feedback from our guests and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

In particular I really appreciate that you enjoyed your upgrade to our premium Executive Floor product and that you found our services and facilities attuned to your needs.

I hope you have the opportunity to return to Tokyo and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Hilton Tokyo is ideally situated for all your needs whether on holiday and want to travel around TKO or for Business its is a 10 minute walk from Shinjuku Central Bus, Train and Underground station's.

The hotel is great and despite having 2 earquakes (minor ones are common) I felt very safe and being on a high floor was an interesting expirience.

Breakfast was a very extensive buffet, but like the rest of TKO hard on your pocket i.e. 3,500YEN so look for the discounts if you are paying personally. But the hotel restaurents are good.

Service was excellent and most of the staff spoke excellent English and were very helpfull. If going to the airport you can book the Airport Limosine Bus service directly from the hotel, good value i.e. 3,000 YEN as appossed to 26,000 in a Taxi and takes 2 hours.

Room Tip: If you can afford upgrade to the Executive Rooms, free access to the executive lounge and thus free...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and my team and I are really happy you were impressed with our hotel.

We aim to provide the best service and product in Tokyo and it is very rewarding to hear back from our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Jamie Mead

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Senior couple enjoyed 5 day stay with great breakfast selection and good room size; attentive staff, especially concierge service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for sharing your great feedback on our hotel via TripAdvisor.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights, my second visit to this hotel. I booked an Executive Floor room this time and it was well worth it. The room was large and very comfortable, especially compared to the Hyatt across the street where I've stayed for years. Included in the rate was internet access, use of the gym (a bit small for an international business hotel these days), and breakfast and cocktail hour. Taken all together it was worth the extra cost. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Executive Floor...definitely

Dear Guest,

My team and I are really happy that you were impressed with our hotel and in particular the room size, room comfort and our Executive Lounge.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope you had a comfortable trip home.

Mr Jamie Mead

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Although the hotel is pretty ok, I have to admit they are taking the fees too far in my opinion.
In my travels I am seeing more and more hotels being considerate of the traveler, but it seems this Hilton is behind the times. I am now seeing some htoels offering a work station to print airline board passes for free, and of course so many hotels offer free interent (including two I havre stayed at within walking distance of this Hilton)..
But the Hilton has a pretty high room rate and then plus plus plus on fees.
In their defense- they told me of the fees and I had to make a decision to use to use or not.....but I was already checked in- few options available.

The hotel is fine for guests. But as you can see, their fees have frustrated me.
I guess I will walk down the street to the free internet hotels more often in Shinjuku.

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your feedback on our hotel and I am glad that you found Hilton Tokyo to provide a high level of Service, Sleep Comfort and Cleanliness.

Regarding Internet charges the majority of internationally managed hotels in Tokyo do charge for Internet access on either a 24 hour or hourly basis. At Hilton our charges are comparable to these hotels plus we also have some rate plans and room types that include internet access allowing our guests to book and choose what best suits their needs.

Apart from Internet all other standard hotel services e.g. Gym, Pool, Shuttle Bus, Cable TV are complimentary for all guests.

Thank-you for staying with us and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mr Jamie Mead
Hilton Tokyo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#7 of 117 in Minato

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!