“Excellent Hotel in Shinjuku” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Hotel in Shinjuku”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

This is a very nice hotel to stay in while visiting Tokyo. Location wise, it is close to Tokyo metro line (5 mins walk) and also 15 min walk to Shinjuku, which is a major metro interchange and very lively at night times. Hotel itself is very pleasant place to stay. Most of the rooms are the same size and quite big for Japaneses hotel. Rooms were very clean and the house maids do a excellent job with pride. This hotel so far has been the only hotel I have stayed across many countries that not only provide baby crib for free, but also provide toys and nappy dispenser bins. Hotel staff are pleasant to deal with who will help you out in any situation. Hotel gym isn't too big but has enough equipment in there to get a good work out. Just be there before 6am if you want to get a treadmill. Dry suna is also very nice. Service in executive lounge is good. Standard western type breakfast is served in the mornings and a very good range of alcoholic drinks are served in the evenings. Beer is available from the fridge all day !! . Airport bus stops at the door step for buses to and from airport. Overall i would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms to face the Mt Fuji side
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank koro25
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank-you sincerely for the feedback and for recommending the Hilton Tokyo on Trip Advisor.

All of the Hilton Tokyo team is really happy to receive your positive comments and in particular your recognition of our hotels service, cleanliness, quality and guest facilities.

I hope you had a comfortable trip home to Australia and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Tokyo.

Hilton Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Noosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

The staff at the hotel were only to happy to be of service and nothing was too much trouble. A very central location to stay. The rooms were excellent and hotel was very quiet. No hesitation in recommending people to stay there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank NoosaMacca58
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
4 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your positive feedback and my team is very happy that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when you return to Tokyo and we appreciate you sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor.

Noosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We travel to Tokyo regularly and always enjoy our stay at Hilton. Our favourite treat is breakfast in the Marble Lounge. Great rooms, very comfortable and attentive service. I had an excellent massage at fitness centre - highy recommended! Great staff in the executive lounge with free wi-fi access.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KMacQLD
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for the wonderful feedback and I am really glad that you make the Hilton Tokyo your preferred hotel while in Tokyo!

We also really appreciate your positive comments concerning our Breakfast in the Marble Lounge and our Shiatsu Massage treatments.

I trust you had a pleasant trip home and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed in this excellent hotel for less than a week in the Executive Floor and remained truly impressed of it.

The hotel is located not so far from from Shinjuku-Ku railway station and provides every 30 minutes a free shuttle to it. The bus is quite small and tends to be crowded during the peak hours. From the Narita Airport there is a direct bus connection to the hotel. Hilton being one of the major hotels in Tokyo, it provides a good choice of excursions by different tour operators, which you may join directly from the hotel. These were among the main reasons why I chose this hotel.

My room had a lot of space (in downtown Tokyo!). It was clean, comfortable and overall beautiful. At least in my room there was free Internet which worked perfectly. The bathroom was quite small, but well equipped.

The Executive Lounge, located in the top floor of the hotel, is one of the best I have experienced in different Hilton hotels. I used it daily for breakfast and drinks. But even during the day and in the evening there was always something to eat there. What is more, there was nice and corteous staff to serve the clients. Truly impressive! I also enjoyed once the buffet dinner in one of the restaurants of the hotel. It was abundant and truly tasteful.

In the gym I used the swimming pool which was included in the price of my room. Whereas the locker room is small, the pool itself is large enough for true swimming. In the afternoon hours I often was the only one to use it, which was truly nice.

I certainly recommend this hotel, although it is a bit pricey (that is the general price level in Tokyo) and do look forward to visiting it again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank DiplTraveller
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank-you sincerely for your kind comments and it is appreciated that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy that you were satisfied with your stay and compared Hilton Tokyo to other luxury hotels in the city. It is my teams aim to deliver the best in Japanese hospitality with the warmth, personality and individuality that is uniquely Hilton.

When you next choose to return to Tokyo we look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I picked the Hilton Tokyo for my first visit to Tokyo and was not disappointed. As a Diamond HHonors member, I was upgraded to the 36th floor and given Executive Lounge access. The view from the upper floors is absolutely breathtaking at night, and the service from all staff, especially the Executive Lounge staff was amazing. They have a full bar at the lounge with an amazing bartender.

The only slight issues I found were the quality of WiFi from my room. Some rooms are a bit out of range, and since the hotel was completely booked, I wasn't able to move rooms.

The hotel website could also be a bit more specific on means of transportation from Narita or Haneda. I was able to find my way, but it required a bit of digging to figure out exactly how to get there.

Other then these very small issues, the hotel was absolutely amazing and I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Reflektion
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
10 August 2011

Dear Guest,

My team and I are very pleased you took the time to provide your most positive feedback and we are glad that we impressed you.

In particular I was very happy you appreciated the service of our executive floors, lounge and team as it is our aim to provide a very special and personalised experience.

Concerning your comments on WiFi range - our IT engineers will review this and test your room as we aim for complete coverage. Please accept our apologies for any inconvience caused due to signal strength.

I trust you had a comfortable trip home and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Byron Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed an extra 2 days in Tokyo after Air NZ cancelled our flight home. Thankfully we chose to stay at the Hilton Shinjuku as we were exhausted after 6 weeks of travel(Alaska,Aleutians,Kamchatka,Kurils,Sakhalin) The last thing we wanted was to spend more time away. We stayed on executive level which gives you Drinks & canapes, b'fast and use of your own concierge who was magnificent in helping us organise fresh flights home.The food was great,traditional Japanese of course but with a little western influence and all the staff were friendly and efficient in that lovely Japanese way.They helped us with transport to the airport and went out of their way to serve at a time when Japan was suffering from the results of earthquake and tsunami. The pool and gym were well equipped and interesting shopping was available in close proximity. Overall a relaxing way to finish a long journey.

Room Tip: Executive level well worth the extra
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rob & Christine T
Dear Guest,

My team and I are very glad we provided a relaxing and memorable finish to your long vacation.

Your comments regarding your total satisfaction with our service and features are appreciated and I will be sharing your comments with my team on our guest feedback wall and also in our team briefings.

I trust you had a comfortable trip home to New Zealand and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Tokyo.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a hotel which is located in the main business district, hotel rooms are simple and comfortable, very clean.
Breakfast is very good,wide spread of selection to choose from. Service is friendly and prompt at all times. Concierge has been very helpful with local information and things to do and visit, shuttle bus service to Shinjuku station is very convenient or you can take a 10 minutes walk to get there. Very good Chinese restaurant in the hot elm food is excellent, highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank munes
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your great feedback and I will be sharing your comments with my team.

In particular I am very glad you enjoyed our Chinese Restaurant - Dynasty, and our breakfast in the Marble Lounge. Hilton Tokyo prides itself on excellence in food and beverage and it means allot to my Kitchen and Service Team to receive your positive comments.

I also appreciate that you found our location convenient. Shinjuku is extremely well connected for all types of travelers and I am sure your comments will be useful to others.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#11 of 81 in Shinjuku
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
Hotel Century Southern Tower

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!