“An excellent hotel”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed in this excellent hotel for less than a week in the Executive Floor and remained truly impressed of it.

The hotel is located not so far from from Shinjuku-Ku railway station and provides every 30 minutes a free shuttle to it. The bus is quite small and tends to be crowded during the peak hours. From the Narita Airport there is a direct bus connection to the hotel. Hilton being one of the major hotels in Tokyo, it provides a good choice of excursions by different tour operators, which you may join directly from the hotel. These were among the main reasons why I chose this hotel.

My room had a lot of space (in downtown Tokyo!). It was clean, comfortable and overall beautiful. At least in my room there was free Internet which worked perfectly. The bathroom was quite small, but well equipped.

The Executive Lounge, located in the top floor of the hotel, is one of the best I have experienced in different Hilton hotels. I used it daily for breakfast and drinks. But even during the day and in the evening there was always something to eat there. What is more, there was nice and corteous staff to serve the clients. Truly impressive! I also enjoyed once the buffet dinner in one of the restaurants of the hotel. It was abundant and truly tasteful.

In the gym I used the swimming pool which was included in the price of my room. Whereas the locker room is small, the pool itself is large enough for true swimming. In the afternoon hours I often was the only one to use it, which was truly nice.

I certainly recommend this hotel, although it is a bit pricey (that is the general price level in Tokyo) and do look forward to visiting it again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank DiplTraveller
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank-you sincerely for your kind comments and it is appreciated that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy that you were satisfied with your stay and compared Hilton Tokyo to other luxury hotels in the city. It is my teams aim to deliver the best in Japanese hospitality with the warmth, personality and individuality that is uniquely Hilton.

When you next choose to return to Tokyo we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mr. Jamie Mead

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I picked the Hilton Tokyo for my first visit to Tokyo and was not disappointed. As a Diamond HHonors member, I was upgraded to the 36th floor and given Executive Lounge access. The view from the upper floors is absolutely breathtaking at night, and the service from all staff, especially the Executive Lounge staff was amazing. They have a full bar at the lounge with an amazing bartender.

The only slight issues I found were the quality of WiFi from my room. Some rooms are a bit out of range, and since the hotel was completely booked, I wasn't able to move rooms.

The hotel website could also be a bit more specific on means of transportation from Narita or Haneda. I was able to find my way, but it required a bit of digging to figure out exactly how to get there.

Other then these very small issues, the hotel was absolutely amazing and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Reflektion
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

10 August 2011

Dear Guest,

My team and I are very pleased you took the time to provide your most positive feedback and we are glad that we impressed you.

In particular I was very happy you appreciated the service of our executive floors, lounge and team as it is our aim to provide a very special and personalised experience.

Concerning your comments on WiFi range - our IT engineers will review this and test your room as we aim for complete coverage. Please accept our apologies for any inconvience caused due to signal strength.

I trust you had a comfortable trip home and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed an extra 2 days in Tokyo after Air NZ cancelled our flight home. Thankfully we chose to stay at the Hilton Shinjuku as we were exhausted after 6 weeks of travel(Alaska,Aleutians,Kamchatka,Kurils,Sakhalin) The last thing we wanted was to spend more time away. We stayed on executive level which gives you Drinks & canapes, b'fast and use of your own concierge who was magnificent in helping us organise fresh flights home.The food was great,traditional Japanese of course but with a little western influence and all the staff were friendly and efficient in that lovely Japanese way.They helped us with transport to the airport and went out of their way to serve at a time when Japan was suffering from the results of earthquake and tsunami. The pool and gym were well equipped and interesting shopping was available in close proximity. Overall a relaxing way to finish a long journey.

Room Tip: Executive level well worth the extra
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rob & Christine T

Dear Guest,

My team and I are very glad we provided a relaxing and memorable finish to your long vacation.

Your comments regarding your total satisfaction with our service and features are appreciated and I will be sharing your comments with my team on our guest feedback wall and also in our team briefings.

I trust you had a comfortable trip home to New Zealand and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Tokyo.

Mr. Jamie Mead

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a hotel which is located in the main business district, hotel rooms are simple and comfortable, very clean.
Breakfast is very good,wide spread of selection to choose from. Service is friendly and prompt at all times. Concierge has been very helpful with local information and things to do and visit, shuttle bus service to Shinjuku station is very convenient or you can take a 10 minutes walk to get there. Very good Chinese restaurant in the hot elm food is excellent, highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank munes

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for your great feedback and I will be sharing your comments with my team.

In particular I am very glad you enjoyed our Chinese Restaurant - Dynasty, and our breakfast in the Marble Lounge. Hilton Tokyo prides itself on excellence in food and beverage and it means allot to my Kitchen and Service Team to receive your positive comments.

I also appreciate that you found our location convenient. Shinjuku is extremely well connected for all types of travelers and I am sure your comments will be useful to others.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The service was as good as the Peninsula across town. Really very very attentive and good. The breakfast buffet was lovely. On the 29th floor, the room was not on the executive floors, but was certainly large enough, larger than other places I've stayed in Tokyo, though not the Peninsula. Well equipped, though nothing hanging on the walls, but I didn't really care. Mild noise from the next door shower. Good curtains and screens to keep the summer heat and light out. Elevators fast. Gym small but adequate (for me), water provided, overlooking pool. Loud music and dance in the restaurant lobby one evening.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

5 August 2011

Thank-you sincerely for your positive comments and it is very rewarding to know that we exceeded your expectations and created a memorable stay for you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Taken me a while to get this up here but what can you say. Hilton is Hilton some of the best service food around. We were very happy with the room we stayed at and the Breakfast easch morning was fantstic. We even lashed out and spent up at the Tempinyaki bar which is very expensive but was worh it as it was a special time. Will recommend to anyone that has a bit of money to spend and wants to be clost to most things

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zacmac83
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2011

July 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am very happy that we impressed you with our product/service and in particular that you loved our Hilton Breakfast and Musashino Teppanyaki.

Please be assured that I will also translate and share your feedback with the respective teams as this is great encouragement for them to receive such praise.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Tokyo in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were overwhelmed with the Hilton Shinjuku. We were visiting Shinjuku for two nights as part of our honeymoon. The Hilton upgraded us to the top floor which included incredible luxuries like the executive floor lounge (free cocktails and breakfast!!) and they also gave us a free bottle of red wine in our room. The staff were helpful in every way (excellent english). The food in the breakfast buffet was fanstastic. There were free shuttle buses every 20minutes to Shinjuku station otherwise it's about a 20 minute walk to the shopping/restaurants district. The resturants were quite expensive but fine cuisine. We had free entry into the pool and gym area also.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitmak

My team and I thank-you for your great feedback and we are really happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon in Tokyo.

We aim to make celebrations special and I encourage my team to ensure our guests are well taken care of. Hopefully you will be able to celebrate future anniversaries with us.

I trust you had a comfortable trip home and we all remain at your service.

Jamie Mead

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#13 of 83 in Shinjuku
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#12 of 83 in Shinjuku

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!