“Family Room”

Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Brisbane, Australia
“Family Room”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed for 7 nights with husband and two adult sons, then returned for a further 8 nights at the end of our trip. Although small compared to Australian standards - only there for sleeping, so absolutely more than suitable. We enjoyed both our stays. You need to be prepared for a thin mat on the floor for sleeping. The room had a fridge, kettle, hair dryer and microwave. The bathroom (although small) had western style facilities. It is within easy walking of the local station and if you have a JR pass you can use it to get 1 stop to Shinjuku station. There is a local convenient store on the same street. Many cheap eating places around the area. Would definitely stay here again. Very polite and helpful males on the reception desk. Good value for money. Exceptionally good WIFI and very quiet area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank WLKennedy

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Tatami mats for bedding. Kettle fridge and hair dryer. Western toilet. Its basic but if thats what you want then its ok. In the heart of the Korean sector. Close to the JR Line and a small store 100 metres down the alleyway.

Los Altos, California
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for a night and it served great for that night! It has a good amount of space and nice amenities but the location is a bit farther from a metro station than I would like. However, for a traditional Japanese hotel, you can't beat the price!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 20, 2013

It seems to be a frequent feature that travellers end up there by chance, desperation or late booking. We got this place because our initial booking was so bad that we fled the place and had to find online a new place within half an hour, so found this place via booking.com. It is definitely conveniently located in this Corean enclave in Tokyo (as the train station is served by JR, so you can travel with your rail pass without paying subway money). It is clean, good air-con, friendly staff, yet for an European the sleeping is pretty hard because of the very thin "matrass". So reliable, average, nothing fancy and good value for the money we paid for it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WKOEHNE
Park City, Utah
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stumbled into Toyko's Haneda airport after midnight, after being rerouting from LAX. Had no hotel reservation, thus used booking.com to find this one. Finding a room for three at a reasonable rate was not easy. The Hilton fyi, had doubles that start at $360USD. Had to take a $50 cab, as the trains all stop running at 1230-1am. Our cab driver was so helpful despite our language barrier. I had the airport information desk write the hotels name, address, number in Japanese, a good thing! as it was hard to find. After a 45min drive, the driver called the hotel and a friendly man met us 1/2 block away. This is a small building tucked down a neat little alley/street. We took off our shoes and placed them in a shoe locker. We were led to our room on the 4th floor. There is an elevator and we could three fit with luggage. We were led to a room, and being a bit delirious with fatigue, we thought we were still in the hallway. The room had no furniture! The man saw our confused faces, and then exclaims TRADITIONAL! with a big smile as he opens the closet with stacks of futons. OMG...as soon as he left, I bent over double with laughter.
Our family suite (meant for 5) was clean and the futons were surprisingly comfortable. We stacked two futons together and had a lovely well deserved sleep. There was a flat screen TV, but we did not use it. The bathroom was very very small, like you might find on a boat, but worked well. We had a tiny kitchen as well! Location was excellent, as we were 5mins from the monorail/subway station and surrounded by shops, restaurants, yet in a quiet back street. They only accepted cash, so we had to go to an ATM close by. Found a cafe on our street above a daycare center that had the BEST coffee! and their pancakes were good, too. I rate this "very good", based on value. It is NOT easy finding a room for three or more in Toyko!

Room Tip: Excellent value for groups over three persons, as they have family suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank loveitoutdoors
Bang Tao Beach, Thailand
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I really dissapoint for this hotel. I chose this hotel just I forgot to cancled the booking. I booked this hotel for 3 days.I arrived the hotel at 2.45 pm and the check in time is on 3.00pm but they still not finished the cleaning yet.At this hotel you have to clean the room by yourself also throw the garbage. They not also changed the towel for us.On the second day it was like a nightmare,the hot water in the bathroom didn't work while my sister was showering and when I asked for that Korean guy (A front desk guy) he said "I will do as I can" What!? I paid this hotel for 2nights and it cost me 40000 yen. Not even I have to clean the room,throw the gabage by myself,I have to resist for the very cold water in the winter!? Also the water drain pipe in the bathroom was very slow.And I found that there was many hairs stuck on it. On that night there were the teenagers next to my room and sound like it was someone's birthday.They had a party and very noisy.They song for a birthday song on 1 am!! That was incredible eventhough the hotel has a caution sign in the elevator. But they not do something. Many dissapoint things for this hotel.I can tell you that Hanabi hotel is not worth for your money."High payment for bad service."

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank jubujubu

Travelers are raving about these Shinjuku hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked the hotel through agoda 3 days before going there. When we arrived, the owner told us that he had missed our reservation and said he was full. Nicely he offered to bring us in another hotel nearby and say that it was equivalent and he would take care of the charges. He paid us 2 drinks at the machine and left us there. Unfortunatly the room was cripy, the floor full of stains, the room was stinking the cigarette and the windows didn't prevent any noise from outside. I managed to get the room price and noticed it was 40 USD cheaper, so we headed back to Hanabi and complained. Fairly the owner reimbursed us the difference.

I just want to right this review to warn the management that they should not bring people to the other hotel in case the same situation happens (the name was in Japanese, but they should know which one it is). For clients, if this happens to you, be aware of what can happen and be ready to ask for compensation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple