“Inexpensive and Good Location”
Review of Tokyo Plaza Hotel

Tokyo Plaza Hotel
Ranked #31 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Only 3-5 mins from Shin-Okubu or 8 mins from Okubu station, both JR and only 2 mins from Shinjuku by train. This place is really good for the price. The staff understands English and Mandarin too. Food is all over not a problem as well as 7-11 and marts. Though sound-proofing is not the best. Overall a pleasant stay for 8 nights.

Room Tip: Get the corner rooms away from the main road..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank houndy11

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a really great place to stay when you are planning to visit Tokyo. It is absolutely convenient with lots of budget restaurants all along the entire stretch of Shin-Okubo ranging from ramen shops to sushi bars (all at about 500 - 800 JPY and large portions too!) and plenty of convenient stores like 7-11, Lawson & Family Mart. It is about 3 minutes walking distance to both Shin-Okubo Station (Yamanote Line) and Okubo Station (Chuo Line) so you can get around the city pretty easily. There is also FREE WI-FI in your room which is fast and smooth so you have no worries about keeping in touch with loved ones.

The staff there were top notch and showed great Japanese hospitality! I had to check-in before the check-in time and they offered to keep our luggage for us until it was time to check-in and would bring it up to our room for us. The overall hotel was cozy and very clean and the room was bigger than I expected with an adorable toilet equipped with a bath tub and DHC toiletries.
I was thoroughly happy with my stay here and if you have any questions about Tokyo, the hotel staffs are always pleasant and ready to help you to find the best way to your destination possible and at your best interest.

Would definitely stay here again next time and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daphnie L
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for 8 days; and if we go back to Tokyo, we will stay there again. The front desk staff are some of the friendliest and helpful I have come across in a long time. The fact that they are Korean probably helped. Our room was small, by North American standards, but actually slightly bigger than the one we had last year in Paris. The beds were fine and so were the pillows, not too soft like you usually get. As other reviewers have stated, it is very clean and I was surprised as to how quiet it was given the fact we were facing a busy street. Another nice surprise in this hotel was a small café next to the front desk. The ladies working there were very friendly and the breakfast (an egg, 2 pieces of toast, 2 pieces of bacon, a nice salad, and a coffee or juice), was great for a very reasonable prise, about $4! In Tokyo? Yes. The prices in Tokyo have really not changed much since I last lived there 20 years ago. The hotel is located very near two train station, and also about 20 min. on foot from probably one of the busiest and colorful centers in Tokyo: Shinjuku. Downstairs from the hotel is grocery store, very convenient for snacks and beer. There is a small fridge in the room. We were also there during the heat wave and had no problem with the air conditioning. I kind of miss it already and it's only been a coupe of weeks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dragon9ca
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in June. Booked a room for 3 of us and we were given the room at the very top floor. Standard size for Japan but comfortable. Washroom is small (expected) and shower and faucet are one and the same. The room was cleaned every day and people in Japan do not expect tip! the hotel is in Koreatown of Tokyo but Very close to the JR and Oedo lines (about less than 5 minute walk). It is only one stop from Shinjuku Station (20 minute walk to Shinjuku area). Staff is very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for location and reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here in July and would recommend. Seem to be the standard hotel room for Tokyo and only a few stops away from Shinjuku station on the JR line. The hotel is 1-2 minutes away from the JR line stop and there are many shops around as well as a 7/11, grocery store, and a McDonalds. Every single room in the hotel has a strong wifi connection as well.

Only con is that we arrived in a heatwave and the air conditioning was not very strong.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Darren K
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The room is small but clean, receptionists are nice. Location is just Ok, convenience to JR if you know how to use JR. But, surrounding environment is kind of messy, noisy and low class. Restaurants selection is limited, nothing fancy or recommendable. My worst experience was the lost of my IPhone 4, I remember very well that I kept it inside my backpack and never took it out during our stay. It just went missing. I found out after we checked out and arrived in the Narita for transferring. I emailed them couple times and the only reply was, "Our hotel Policy forbids our employees to touch customer's belongings." What can I say?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked a night stay for the 1 double & 1 single room with Agoda for less than US$100 but upon check in, need to top up another US$20 for 2nd person checking in.

Pros:
Free Wifi
Sizeable room for couples with space for your large luggages
Excellant location less than 2 mins walk from Shin-Okubo Station via JR Yamanote line
Located in close proximity to chains of restaurants, 7-11, MacDonald
To explore Korea Town, turn left from Hotel exit and walk straight for less than 5 mins
1 station away from Shinkuju Station and 3 stations away from Harujuku

Cons:
Small toilet complete with toiletries and a small bathtub
Poor sound proof