First of all - I MISS TOKYO!!!
Ok, now back to the hotel. Citadines is located 2 stations from Shinjuku main station itself and for a first-timer with a kid to Tokyo, it was madness and confusion trying to figure out their incredible spider-web metro lines! Even though it was 2 stops away! That is why i suggested i would stay in another hotel when i return next time, for people who prefer convenience and not too much walking, Citadines requires abit of travelling and walking from the main areas especially after a day of sight-seeing, you are exhausted!
From the Shinjuku-gyomae station where you stop, use the exit 2 (you can't miss it, it's a rather small station), go up the stairs all the way and turn left when you reach the surface. Turn left again almost immediately at a quiet street, which seems to be a walking street, not for cars, ALTHOUGH you will get an occasional vehicle just whizzing by, so BE CAREFUL. Walk down all the way and another 5 mins, turn right at a 7-11, and Citadines is right there. It faces a main road but it's extremely quiet with not much traffic, so don't worry about noise. Btw, if you follow that main road in front of Citadines all the way down, in 10 mins via cab, you'll reach Shinjuku, but in 20 mins on foot. So location-wise, it's close but not close??
For the hotel staff itself, they speak good english, but in my opinion, only 1 lady staff was extremely warm and helpful. She gave us good directions to tourist spots, good restaurants and was very kind. As for the rest though, they just seemed to be doing their job. Not very helpful when you asked them for anything.
For the hotel room itself - LOVED it. The best part was the size as I had a 4 year old girl and they had an extra bed rolled out from their sofa. It was definitely one of the bigger rooms in Tokyo considering how small the other hotel rooms are. (See attached photos)
Extremely clean, housekeeping was very efficient and considerate, LCD TV with limited cable channels (only kept watching Animal Planet, if not it's just Japanese shows), has a dvd player which i knew so i brought some dvds along but ALAS! It only plays region 2 dvds! Grrr.... Kitchenette was useful, comfy bed, basic bathroom with sink outside in the bedroom, and plenty storage. Another useful feature is they have a laundrette downstairs and my husband did ALOT of washing! Overall, our whole family LOVED the room.
Internet is not free downstairs and only wired internet is free in the room.
Didn't try their breakfast and it always looked closed when we came down around 10 in the morning.
So if you are choosing Citadines, I would give it a 90% YES but the 10% negative for would just be the location and the robotic staff. ENJOY!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance of the Shinjuku East area, one of Tokyo's thriving urban centres, Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is a contemporary residence which enjoys a prime location close to the Marunouchi and Toei Shinjuku subway lines. At Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo, you can look forward to a pleasant stay that combines the convenience of a hotel with the freedom and privacy of a Tokyo serviced apartment. The residence's range of optional services are customized to suit your business and leisure needs, allowing you a choice of short or long term stays. Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is conveniently situated near restaurants, supermarkets, shopping malls, the Shinjuku hospital and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku Hotel Shinjuku
- Citadines Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Citadines Tokyo Hotel
- Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo