My husband and I stayed in an apartment for 8 nights in April 09. We paid 7916 Yen per night for a Studio Double room, plus 10% service charge and 5%tax.
Getting there: We caught a taxi to Citadines from the south east exit of the main Shinjuku station. Citadines is very new so I wouldn't assume that taxi drivers know where it is. We had printed an access map from the Japanese website to show the driver. The taxi ride cost us about 1000 Yen but was worth it for the convenience. It is possible to walk from the subway station (shinjuku gyoenmae) but unless you're familiar with the area, it wouldn't be fun to try to find Citadines when you're lugging bags.
Location: There a few convenience stores and restaurants nearby and the area is really safe like all of Japan. We normally caught the subway from the Shinjuku Gyoenmae station (5 min walk) but could easily walk into the main Shinjuku shopping area (about 15 minutes along the main street).
Room: Modern decor, well designed apartment, queensize bed, big deep bath, a double cupboard plus a couple of extra smaller cupboards and drawers for your clothes, great little kitchen which is fully equipped, flat screen TV, couch. The bathroom sink is actually just outside of the bathroom itself but I thought it was a clever design which saved on space. The apartment was immaculately cleaned each day.
Extras: safe, toothbrushes, yukatas, slippers, hair dryer, weighing scale. Internet access in foyer: 500 Y for 30 minutes. Washing machine and dryer downstairs - buy detergent from the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance of the Shinjuku East area, one of Tokyo's thriving urban centres, Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is a contemporary residence which enjoys a prime location close to the Marunouchi and Toei Shinjuku subway lines. At Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo, you can look forward to a pleasant stay that combines the convenience of a hotel with the freedom and privacy of a Tokyo serviced apartment. The residence's range of optional services are customized to suit your business and leisure needs, allowing you a choice of short or long term stays. Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is conveniently situated near restaurants, supermarkets, shopping malls, the Shinjuku hospital and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku Hotel Shinjuku
- Citadines Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Citadines Tokyo Hotel
- Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo