Chosen this brand of hotels, Citadines, due to my positive stay in Citadines Mt. Sophia in Singapore (for more than two years) for business. Booked the hotel via their main website (one should join as a member to qualify for some discounts) and stayed here in December 2011 for a total of six days (though not consecutively). Firstly, the hotel is not anyway near to the Shinjuku JR Station. Yes, it's a five minutes walk to the nearest subway, Shinjuku-gyommae, but this is not the JR station where most of the action is (like changing your JR Pass, connecting to Tokyo station for free if you have the JR pass for connections to the shinkasen, etc). It's approximately around 20-25 minutes of leisure walk from this hotel to the JR station and you might want to reconsider bringing your luggage with you as the route to the station is very busy. The reception was ok, speak decent English and will always try to accommodate to your needs (like all other hotel staff do). The room is significantly smaller compared to the Citadines Mt Sophia in Singapore, but fits well for my wife and I. Plenty of restaurants / cafes and convenience stores nearby. Some of the restaurants (those that you order via the vending machines) are open 24 hours, so no worries if you need to grab a late or early bite. Checked out from the hotel on 1st January 2012, and the male hotel staff was making mochi via the traditional way (with wooden hammer and bowl). Was pleasant surprise and it was a treat for all hotel guests that day. On the whole, it's a pretty decent stay, but do remember, that this hotel is not near to the Shinjuku JR Station (an important note if you are having the JR pass).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance of the Shinjuku East area, one of Tokyo's thriving urban centres, Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is a contemporary residence which enjoys a prime location close to the Marunouchi and Toei Shinjuku subway lines. At Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo, you can look forward to a pleasant stay that combines the convenience of a hotel with the freedom and privacy of a Tokyo serviced apartment. The residence's range of optional services are customized to suit your business and leisure needs, allowing you a choice of short or long term stays. Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is conveniently situated near restaurants, supermarkets, shopping malls, the Shinjuku hospital and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, JAPANiCAN, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku Hotel Shinjuku
- Citadines Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Citadines Tokyo Hotel
- Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo