Review Highlights

209 Reviews
from $22.50
from $120.20
More Info
All reviews horror movie heavy metal metal music tiny bar golden gai bartender 666yen bars japan
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

We came here after visiting two other bars in the Golden Gai. This was one of our favourites. The bartender is very friendly, and on our night there was a good mix of people of talk to. It doesn’t matter if you’re not into heavy metal, it is still a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Teamporsereturns
Reviewed July 24, 2018

The bar is rather small but absolute kult. Met there interesting people from all over the world and had a great night.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

All,

I know there's a ton of bars around here, I know there's a ton to do in Tokyo, I know that most reviews get buzzed over fast but please... take a few minutes and hear me out.

I'll break this down to 3 parts:

1) The bar itself:

Like most bars in the area its small and every surface is covered in movie posters, horror movie props and other decor. The TV is usually showing some awesomely bad horror movie and its both welcoming and... weird. So its as Japanese as you can get.

2) The bartender:

I called him Wayne and we talked mostly in movie quotes and bad English, it was amazing. He was a great host, quick with a smile and a refill and I felt completely welcome there.

3) The people - if you're not in the mood to wander or if you're looking for a place to camp out for a few hours, this is the place. Its unique and is frequented by a lot of foreigners and few locals. You sit there long enough and you'll have friends from every corner of the world.

Go.

Just go!

1  Thank Norman B
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Found this place on google maps and it sounded pretty cool, I walked in and the dude behind the bar was cranking Ozzy Osbourne and The Thing was playing on the TV in the corner. It doesn’t get any better than that. Prices were great and the crowd there was awesome too.

1  Thank Johnny L
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

This guy has death metal banging in the background. Go has the right attitude and style. Pretty sure a bunch of us got hammered
Thank you for that small bar experience! Oh and that decorative flesh light has been used...:

1  Thank Shirley T
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

The bar looks amazing, the music is great and the bartender was an awesome metaldude. Only minus was that it was full of tourists who seemed to be there more for the beer and experience than the music. But that is okay. Would be fun to visit the place again and have the chance to chat about music with the bartender and fellow metal fans.

3  Thank krizan82
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Came here for a quick drink and stayed for hours. The owner is very easy going and took all the patrons in his stride. No stupid table or tourist charge. The drinks are reasonably priced. You don’t have to like metal music to come here, I know I’m not a fan, but the atmosphere was really good and I ended up having a great night.

1  Thank Saishidan
Reviewed March 19, 2018

First place we visited in Golden Gai, and I'm happy we did. I knew ahead of time that I wanted to go here, especially as my buddy is a big death metal fan. The atmosphere is simply amazing, you've never seen anything like it! Every drink is 666 yen, which is too funny. Great group of people we met in there, stayed an hour or 2 and then moved on. But death metal and horror movies, what else you could ask for. Not to mention the owner is really nice, and will just chill and chat. We had some great death metal chats and movie memorabilia chats. Can't wait to return in the near future. Do not skip this place!!

1  Thank Jason A
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

This was definitely one of the most unique bars we visited in Tokyo. Keeping with the small area there everything is Heavy metal related as well as horror movies from the 80s themes! Great drinks and atmosphere, make sure you go in for a drink while in Shinjuku

1  Thank Zee337
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

10/10 would get drunk again.

Tiny metal bar, English speaking, Great host, no entry fee or whatever, drinks are 666 yen, metal music and horror movies.

1  Thank Naitan G