“pleasant stay”

E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
“pleasant stay”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The location is convenient, within walking distance to plenty of shops, malls & restaurants. But it's quite a hassle to drag your luggages up & down the stairs and transfer in the subway station to go to the main Shinjuku station (takes about 15 mins to walk). If you have minimal luggage, this is an ideal hotel for it's location. The rooms are tiny for two people with big suitcases, but overall it's clean and a pleasant stay

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alice L
イーホテル東新宿, フロント オフィス マネージャー at E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel.
Im very sorry to hear that you had to drag the luggages up and down the stairs.
There was a elevator across the street from mcdonald to take the train.
If by any chance if you asked the front desk and did not give this
information i am very sorry.
We really hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kampung Baharu Nilai, Malaysia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Frankly the rooms are small but it does serve the purpose especially for travellers. We are from Malaysia & stayed 8 nites and found that the hotel is so strategic located besides Higashi Shinjuku train station. Lawson convenient store, Tully's Coffee, Mc D are surrounding the hotel hence make it very convenient. From Higashi Shinjuku train station we are able to access all other prefectures within Japan easily. Even of travelling to Osaka, at the foot mount Fuji via the JR bullet trains are magnificient. When we first arrived at Haneda Airport coming to this hotel is very easy. We took the bus from Haneda Airport at the front desk paid about 1200 Yen & it took us straight at Shinjuku train station to later catch a cab worth 870 Yen to E hotel very convenient indeed. In future, if we were to comeback to Japan we'll definitely stay at the same hotel.

Room Tip: The room should be provided with extra ract to store the luggage
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Azman M
Thank you for your stay.
We are very happy to hear that in the future you would like to
stay at our hotel again.
If you decided to stay in our hotel again and have any questions
please feel free to ask us.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a modern and nice hotel. The room as well as the whole hotel is very clean and has a fresh feel to it. The room size is small but large enough to even fit some large suitcases in and still be able to freely move around. With 2 people this could be a little tight but alone size was just perfect. The bathroom-capsule is tiny but this seems to be the standard in more affordable hotels in Japan.
Location is great: Directly at the Exit A1 of the Higashi Shinjuku metro station. They have a small cafe on the ground floor of the hotel for food and drinks and there is a McDonald's across the street plus a Lawson minimart in the same building. The hotel room has an empty fridge which is nice. Most staff speaks sufficient English. They are friendly and willing to help with concierge services. Free Wifi also in the room. No complaints at all and it was very good value for money. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Travelbee_777QE
イーホテル東新宿, フロント オフィス マネージャー at E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment.
We are really happy to hear that we were able to serve you well.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel service is terrible (mainly aim to the front desk) if you are talking to Japanese standard. I asked the front desk lady about the taxi service to the airport (after I found out the airport limo bus doesn't stop at this hotel), she told me she doesn't know anything about it and asked me call to that taxi number. Fine. The other day I asked the front desk gentleman to help me call a japanese restaurant and make a reservation for me, he asked me to call at the public phone by myself. Fine, if I can speak Japanese then I do not have to ask him to help. I used to stay at hotel sunroute plaza shinjuku for couple times and their service is way much better than this E hotel. They help me called to restaurant and made reservation. Very friendly staff to answer question about phone card usage, direction to attractions, any other inquiries they would be happy to assist with. If sometimes they don't know the answer, they even apologize for that! I didn't recognize their service is THAT excellent at first when I felt it's kinda like japanese standard everywhere though. However, after I stayed at E hotel
higashi, I realized how much I miss sunroute plaza shinjuku. They have airport limo bus stop there to pick up/drop off from Narita/hanada airport, so it's convenient for family/ppl with large luggages. Plus, sunroute is near JR and other train lines which is just around the corner!! And across the shopping malls and restaurant!!! E hotel is right next to uedo line station but far away to JR station. So you either have to walk 15mins or transit at shinjuku station. You may think price would be a factor for you to stay at Ehotel. Alright, if you add up all transit money from Higashi-shinjuku to shinjuku station to connect all other train lines, that probably will offset the price difference between sunroute plaza shinjuku and E hotel higashi. In general, their price difference is only usd$10-20/night. However, with much better service, much convenient location, and a little bit bigger room, I'll definitely choose sunroute plaza shinjuku in the future. I'm sure there would be tons of much better hotels in shinjuku area. Just want to warn the travelers if you are looking for any assistance,(especially in Japan most ppl can't speak fluent English so you really need help from hotel front desk)E hotel just not your ideal choice.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Stephaniebubble
イーホテル東新宿, 支配人 at E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment.
I apologize for making you feel that way.
I am very suprised that the employees were not being helpful.
I had a talk with all the employees here regarding this situation
and it should not happen again.
We are here to serve the customer with a smile, not with an anger.

These comments are very important to us.
I thank you and I am very sorry for making you feel the way you did
when you left our hotel.
I really hope oneday you will give us a chance and stay in our hotel again.

Once again thank you for your comment and we are really sorry
for making you feel the way you did.

Travelers are raving about these Shinjuku hotels

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend, in an upper comfort double room - it was still very small, but this is the norm in Japan.

The staff were very helpful and friendly!

It's in a great location, and close to everything: McDonalds, convenience stores, train stations, major shopping malls!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
イーホテル東新宿, フロント オフィス マネージャー at E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your comment.
We are glad that we were able to satisfy your stay.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is very basic, but has all the amenities you need. The staff is attentive and try really hard to understand what you say although you might be better using a translator. Th rooms are very small and so is the bath room. I stayed alone and it was just fine for me but if you are travelling with someone else you may find the room very small. The best part is that it is like 5 steps away from Higashi Shinjuku Station which is very well located in the metro system and is near from every attraction in down town Tokyo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Rooms are small but the bed was big and comfortable. I never blame a hotel's front desk when they start speaking to me in English when I initiate the conversation in Japanese -- it's just too difficult to deal with all the gaijin who want to try out their Japanese, and language is all about context, and the front desk has the same conversations dozens of times a day -- but here they were happy for me to speak in Japanese.

A couple of tips. First, make sure you take the A1 exit from Higashi Shinjuku station on the Oedo line -- you'll be a few steps from the hotel. Second, things get a bit tricky on the Oedo line at Shinjuku Station -- you may have to change trains, even though you think you're just one stop away (E1 to E2). Finally, while the bathroom light is an obvious place, it was somewhat non-intuitive based on other switches in the room and is only written in kanji. Ask them to tell you where it is.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you very much for the tips on how to get to the hotel from the train station on trip advisor.