“Great location, small rooms but very clean.”

E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Manila, Philippines
“Great location, small rooms but very clean.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hotel is right beside the train station, very convenient. They have clean rooms but its too small if you have a big luggage or sharing it with someone. I also had to switch rooms every time I had to transfer from a double room to a single room since there were days that I'm not sharing a room with a friend. Although I like it because I always get clean sheets, there isn't any difference with their room set up. A double room looks exactly like the single room. Other than that, this hotel is definitely way better than the place I stayed with the last time I visited tokyo. Budget friendly too. Will definitely stay in this hotel if I want to stay near shinjuku area again.

• Stayed April 2013
イーホテル東新宿, フロント オフィス マネージャー at E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for the compliment.
We have received positive feedback from people about the great location.
Our hotel provide rooms by reasonable price even it's in the middle of the Tokyo city.
We are looking forward to serving you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for two nights in Tokyo, and found it to be the perfect place to have as my home base. It's right next to a subway line, which made it really easy to get around the city. The rooms are small, as a lot of people have said, but I found the room to be on par with most places I visited in Japan. The hotel was very clean, the service was friendly and I thought it was inexpensive and a great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the compliment.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku.
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

First off, I would like to allay any fears about the the size of the rooms in this hotel - I know some of the reviews have been overwhelmingly negative when it comes to the size of the rooms, and I think that is because these particular travelers are more accustomed to the wide, sprawling properties that they reside in back home. If you are, however, no stranger to modern day city living - London certainly springs to mind here - then you will certainly be able to appreciate the cozy arrangement within the rooms at E Hotel.

The location is superb - the hotel entrance is about 20 seconds away from the metro station, and about a slow 15-minute stroll to the mainline Shinjuku station. Right next door is the Kabukicho district - also known as the red-light district - but it's far less seedier than the counterpart you might find in other cities, and it also ensures that you have a whole night's activities available at your doorstop.

There is a Lawson convenience store right downstairs from the hotel, and a 7-Eleven across the street not far away at all. Tully's, the coffee shop on the ground level, provides excellent breakfasts. The front counter sells a 500 yen value voucher for 400 yen, saving you 20%. There are also a few "convenience restaurants" - casual, quick restaurants serving hot food. Exit the hotel, turn left and walk for a couple minutes.

Two bottles of Evian water are replenished daily in your room, along with towels and toiletries. When exiting from Higashi-Shinjuku station, take exit A1.

The front counter staff were also helpful - my wife and I wanted to experience monjayaki dining (cooking a pancake on a hot grill by yourself), and they happily printed out a Google map detailing the location of the restaurant, If you are planning to explore lots of Tokyo throughout the day and evening, then this is a perfect base for you. This isn't the hotel to mill about and enjoy the corridors - that's what the Park Hyatt is for. Fantastic value, unbeatable location, helpful staff.

1 Thank Jonathan A
Thank you for the compliment.

We have received positive feedback from people about the great location.

It is really excellent base for exploring Tokyo as you said.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for 2 nights on the last leg of my trip in Tokyo. I arrived 10 minutes before check-in time to find the lobby crowded and was told I had to wait 10 minutes before I could check in. However, although the staff was helpful, I just found it quite depressing. The hallways were dark, no decor and the carpets were badly stained. Yes, the rooms were clean but the linen was worn. Also, having stayed previously in West Shinjuku, I did not care for this area and found the quality of restaurants below average.

I checked out 3 hours later after having found availability at another hotel in West Shinjuku.
This hotel needs refurbishing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Petra_360_
Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor page.

Your opinions and comments are important to us.

I truly regret that you had not good experience at that time about the cleanliness of the hall.
We will work toward solutions and keep your information for our future guidance.

Travelers are raving about these Shinjuku hotels

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This particular hotel is a good choice if your not trying to spend a fortune. The rooms are very small, but clean. You are literally right next to the subway which is clutch. Also, there is a very good ramyeon restaurant across the street from the hotel which is amazing. It's a must try.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
イーホテル東新宿, フロント オフィス マネージャー at E Hotel Higashi Shinjuku, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for staying at E Hotel Shinjuku.
There are many good restaurant around our hotel.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the ramen shop accros the street.
Paris
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel well situated in the heart of Tokyo. A bit disappointed by the greetings of the staff who does not seem to care. Since check-in is 3pm, they will not give you your room at 2.50, even if it's ready...so a lot of people was waiting at the reception, along with the MANY bags under no surveillance whatsoever, stored in the lobby by checked-out customers.

Room was clean, very very small but OK

Not sure I will go back but it was not a bad experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We regret the inconvenience you had while waiting time for check in.
In order to every room has been cleaned and set items properly, we need to follow a procedure. However I'm sorry for kept you waiting so long and our staff attitude was not proper for you. Thank you for your important opinion for us.
dorking
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the E hotel for 4 nights but left after three.
The hotel staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean, we did not find it noisy.
There are plenty of breakfast places around and a massive 24 hour Don-Qi shop on the same street.
I have to admit I misread some of the reviews before I booked this hotel.
This hotel is a long walk with luggage if you like me have a jr pass, or it includes a change to a different subway line that is not included in the jr rail pass.
It is not next to a jr station.
We had great difficulty finding it at night the first time.
My main reason for this review is that we had no Internet bar the two reception computers, wifi was extremely patchy and non existent for the first two days. Skype was impossible.
And the room is tiny,despite lovely friendly staff I would not go here again: too away from the jr line and rubbish Internet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor page.

Your opinions and comments are important to us.

I truly regret that we couldn't handle Wifi condition better and have followed up.
We will work toward solutions.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope you had wonderful holiday at here.