Lowest prices for your stay
$22
$20
Booking.com$23
Priceline$21
Agoda.com$316
All reviews would stay again restaurants and convenience stores train station stayed here for nights kyoto
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2014

The hotel is offers value for money for the budget traveller as it is conveniently located to both the Yamanote (Green) and Chuo (Yellow) rail lines. It is also within walking distance to Shinjuku central about 10minutes. Free Wi-Fi at every floors which is fast and stable, also there is a desktop terminal at the lobby that is free for use for every guest.

The adjacent cafe also offers reasonable priced breakfast and lunch sets although we didn't eat there. Staff was friendly and helpful as well. Only gripe I had was the lady manning the counter as I was checking out refused to allow us to use her PC to print out Boarding Pass despite the fact we offered to pay for the printing.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again due to his location. Would suggest the hotel management to provide printing services to guest who are willing to pay. Other than that, it is a great hotel. Rooms are cleaned daily, bathrooms though small is clean and there is running hot water. AC is great too, but the bed mattress needs changing as the one we slept in clearly needs new springs.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Vincent C
Reviewed October 19, 2014

I always travel on a budget and for the accommodation, I usually look for one that is near the train station, offers a decent sleep, near restaurants, and a usable bathroom. Empire Shinjuku has it all. I didn't have high expectation for this hotel due to its price; all I can say is that I had my money's worth. They offer umbrella's to borrow when it is raining. The bathroom is small and old but just OK. It is a 5 minutes walk to Shin-Okubo station and Korea Town and 3 minutes walk to Okubo station. If you walk towards Shinjuku center, you'll find lots restaurants including the famed Menya Musashi Ramen house. Overall, I highly recommend this place. It is not perfect, but you get what you pay for, or maybe more.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AllanS271
Reviewed October 17, 2014 via mobile

We have just come to an end of our 21 day trip in Japan, Not only was the trip amazing but the stay at Hotel Empire was better then I could have expected. All the hotel staff are very lovely, they try their hardest with all problems and will help you enjoy your stay by recommending places to visit. The rooms are a great size, the bathrooms are small but they contain everything you could ever need. They have a TV set up and also a bar fridge. The cleaners cleaned and replenished our room every single day and greeted us very pleasantly. The price for the location is amazing. Less then 5 minute walk from Shin-Okubo station which runs on the Yamanote Line. The shops are less then a minute walk, convenience stores very close by. Next door to Hotel Empire is a Vivo bar/cafe where you can get brilliant coffee, beer or a light meal. All the staff that work at Vivo were very pleasant to talk to in English or Japanese. I would especially like to thank Hotel Empire staff member Yoon. She did everything possible to make sure we enjoyed our vacation and she became a good friend. Thank you Hotel Empire.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank AxelBeckmann
Reviewed October 17, 2014

The hotel is excellent when it comes to value for money and location. It is very near the train station, McDonalds, 7-11 and cheap restaurants. The room we got was huge and spacious. It had extra beds. We were only 3 but the room is good for 5. The bad side is the bathroom looks old and very small, you can hardly move. The receptionist could not also explain how to use the air-conditioning. Wifi signal is also very bad in our room.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sugarcuppeppercup
Reviewed October 13, 2014

The hotel is just 5min walk from the JR station.
The hotel has a nice restuarant at ground level , otherwise, you may explore for more optional around the premises. The only thing I don't like about this hotel is the walk into the alley from the station - is pretty dark at night though.
No kettle in the room but water dispenser at common area to make it all up.
Wifi not very fast