“The staffs here are provide a good and professional service. They are nice, helpful and you can see smiles”

Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Please consider to prepare a form with two columns and mark X / Y.
1/ Do you want to change your bed sheet. 2/ Do you want to change your towel!
If the customer want to change bed sheet, they will mark on the Yes box in colum one, and paste on the back side of the front door.

1  Thank Ahongkongtraveller
There are newer reviews for Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and found it to be very convenient. There are lots of bars and restaurants close by and the hotel is very close to the subway lines to explore other areas of the city. Our room was small but since we were only there to sleep it did not matter. There is not much space for storing or hanging clothes but this is a minor complaint. The staff is very friendly and breakfast buffet was fine. There is a choice of Japanese or Western breakfast. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dwoods1073
Reviewed July 3, 2013

As commented by many others, this hotel is at the heart of Shinjuku with easy reach to numerous restaurants, shopping malls and night clubs. It is much safer than you may think if this is your first time to Shinjuku. No one bothers you if you hold hands with your lover.

Room for Improvement: (1) Better make it clear during checking-in that complementary bottles of mineral water are provided only for the first day. This puzzled me for the first few nights during my stay. (2) Be more lenient when being asked for late check-out. I asked if I could check out at 12noon. I was asked to pay 30% of the regular room charge and I would be allowed to stay until 2pm. it's perfectly alright to have a charge but the way how the front-desk staff puts it can be better trained - should not make guests feel money is what matters most.

Room Tip: They did entertain my request for a room on higher floor. Quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location in Kabukicho.
We booked a room on high floor, with town view.
Rooms are spacious. Wifi in rooms and hotel.
Bathroom very clean.
Staff gentle and very good service.
Good breakfast (western and Japanese food).

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The first task in finding a hotel in Tokyo, is to determine what area you want to stay in. Having been to Tokyo before, I knew I wanted to stay in the Shinjuku area. There are many hotels in this area as it is one of the entertainment zones in Tokyo. We chose the Best Western Shinjuku Astina for its convenience, price and location. The rooms are small, but that is common in Tokyo, clean, and modern. For myself the room was ample, with desk, and love seat. My two friend's room, same size as mine was snug but acceptable. They offer free breakfast and free wifi, just what I was looking for. The hotel is located in the Kabukicho area of Shinjuku and is on the second floor. Easy escalator or elevator will bring you to the lobby. A Lawsons convenience store is on the first floor. The Kabukicho area is an entertainment zone with many bars, restaurants and girly bars, but I found the area completely safe and not intimidating at all. The hotel is a short walk from the JR Shinjuku train station. Come out the East exit and walk along the Shinjuku dori, cross over to the Yasukuni dori and left onto Kabukicho (Shinjuku ward office street). there is a Mr. Donut on the corner. Maybe 10 minute walk. There are very little amenities, no pool, fitness room, but computers in the lobby and a restaurant and laundry room. Plenty free maps and brochures in the lobby. Morning staff good English, afternoon staff, not as good, but understandable. The hotel was always well maintained and clean. Breakfast was heavy on Asian items, but eggs, some meat (sausage or bacon) and cereals and breads always offered. Large selections of teas, coffee and juices. It is certainly enough to get you started, just do not look for a banquet.

Room Tip: Not much to offer here, but I always ask for a high floor just for a view of any city I visit.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank bob2bkk
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were booked into a hotel in Ginza, but at the last minute decided to change as we felt the Best Western Astina was a better location, we made the right choice!
We loved the liveliness of Shinjuku, the bright neon lights, the busy streets and the great choices for eating out.
The hotel is located right near the Golden Gai,, although we did not go to a bar there, we ventured through for a wander and it was quite entertaining.
The hotel itself is really clean and comfortable, although I can't say I loved the Japanese pillows, but you get this at any hotel.
The breakfast buffet is a bit odd, but it saved us from going hungry.
The hotel is within walking distance of Shinjuku station and this makes it's perfect for getting around all of Tokyo.
If I were to return to Tokyo, I would definitely consider staying here again and I recommend it to fellow travellers who enjoy being in the middle of the action!

Room Tip: We chose a twin room because it was a bit bigger than having a double, it meant sleeping in separate...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MerryMegsy
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Convenient, clean and well appointed. I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past five years and my partner and I highly recommend it to all Gaijin. Even took out loyalty membership based on my experiences.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Hotel Gracery Shinjuku
Hotel Gracery Shinjuku
#5 of 83 in Shinjuku

Been to Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo? Share your experiences!