Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo
Hotel Siena(Shinjuku)
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
2,174 results
All reviewsgolden gaithe red light districtmister donutlawson convenience storehotel is locatedminute walkwould stay here againrooms are smalltrain stationstreet levelthird floorlively areabuffet breakfastexcellent locationnight lifestayed here for nightsudon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Whenever I go back to Tokyo, I like staying "in the thick of it." So this time, I chose the BW Astina purely for its location. It's in the middle of Shinjuku Kabukicho, the number one entertainment district in all Japan. It's chaotically crazy and fun. This hotel is a bit of a walk (5-6 min) from Shinjuku Station but walking through busy Shinjuku streets is entertaining to say the least.

I paid less than 9,000yen for a business plan single room on the executive floor. I knew it's not a luxury hotel so I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. My room was clean, cozy and very comfortable.

The front desk personnel were friendly, helpful and spoke excellent English. The housekeepers did a great job each day.

Overall, this hotel is a great value and a fun place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shibuyakko
ASTINA20080323, お客様担当マネージャー at Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Shibuyakko,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your overall stay.
I will pass on the message to our frontdesk team and our houskeeping team.
They will surely be encouraged to perform a even better quality service.

Thank you once more for choosing BEST WESTERN Shinjuku ASTINA Hotel Tokyo,
and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tokyo!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel has a convenient location as it was close to Shinjuku Station and many restaurants/shops. Although the room was on the smaller side, it was clean, modern and had all necessary amenities (e.g wifi in rooms). The staff were very helpful and spoke good English. I will be staying here again when I return to Tokyo! Good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magpies010
ASTINA20080323, お客様担当マネージャー at Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Magpies010,

We appreciate your writing a comment on your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with you overall stay.
If you would like to make any personal comments, please feel free to contact us directly any time.

Thank you once more, and we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location is great; eating, drinking and shopping on the door step, close to the ‘Shinjuku’ train station for site seeing (one of the main stations, it has an ‘English’ info counter). The Hotel it self was a great surprise; the room was very stylish, clean, comfortable and a good size for two ppl; we had plenty of room for a big suitcase and a backpack. The Breakfast was good offering a buffet of cereal and fruit as well as Japanese style breakfast of meat, fish, noodles & rice dishes. We ate lunch here once too and it was also delish. The staff where extremely helpful with advise and went out of their way to get information for us on the Emperors NYs speech and getting to the Palace. The Hotel backs on to the Golden Gai which offers a great night out and karaoke, As a female traveller I have never felt as safe as much as I did here in Tokyo. Across the road is an area that is classified as ‘red light’ but do not let this put you off, it is not as you might imagine, we didn’t see any street walkers and while nightclubs have reps (smartly dressed in fashionable suits) standing outside they don’t hassle passers by and showed no interests in us at all, I felt perfectly save drinking and walking around this area at night. On Friday night the place is packed with office workers unwinding with a few drinks and of course karaoke. I will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Finnvalley
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during a brief visit to Tokyo, and found it perfect for our needs. As others have stated, the rooms are small by U.S. standards, but as we were only staying two nights, we felt we had enough space. If it had been a longer trip with more clothes and larger luggage (as opposed to the single duffle bag we brought), perhaps things would have seemed more cramped. The room was clean and comfortable. Yes, the pillows are quite firm, but that did not prevent us from sleeping well. The bathroom was great. High-tech toilet, plenty of hot water, good water pressure in the shower, and a nice deep tub.

The location of this hotel is fantastic. There are restaurants, bars, karaoke, and convenience stores all within a couple of blocks. It's just a quick walk to and from the Shinjuku train station, which is huge and can get you anywhere. Make sure you take the East exit out of the station for your walk back to the hotel. There is a review farther down the page that gives explicit walking directions from Shinjuku station to the hotel--I highly recommend seeking out and writing down those directions. They are dead-on, and made our arrival into Tokyo so much easier. After getting to the hotel the first time, we were able to make our way back and forth to/from the station with ease. The Golden Gai area is literally right behind the hotel; I definitely recommend chilling in a tiny bar that seats only a handful of people as a neat Tokyo experience. With regard to safety, we felt totally safe walking around the area, even at 3 a.m. Obviously keep your wits about you and don't be an idiot, but as far as big cities go, I'd have to assume this is one of the safest.

People seem kind of divided on the breakfast. Personally, I loved it. I'm a picky eater and stick with Western tastes, and I managed to stuff myself both mornings with rice with curry sauce, fried potatoes, lettuce salad, mandarin oranges, and cocoa krispies. Some may be thrown off by the unbreakfasty nature of many of the offerings (onion rings, salad, fried chicken chunks, etc.) but to me, that was actually a plus. I'll take that stuff over a crappy dried out pastry or prepackaged muffin any morning. Plus with the time change, my body thought it was 5 p.m. at breakfast anyway.

If we ever take another trip to Tokyo, I will definitely want to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Former_Badger
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I returned to the Best Western Astina after visiting a few years ago. The hotel was just as fantastic as we remembered - clean and modern rooms, friendly service, and an excellent location in the heart of the Shinjuku action and right above the Golden Gai area.
During our last stay, we were in a semi-double, which was incredibly small. But this time, we got an upgrade due to our status, and our room was the perfect size with a sitting area and a large bathroom. We were on the business/executive floor, with "lounge access". The hotel lounges I have used in the past had drinks, food, etc., so I expected the same. But here, the lounge was just a large meeting room. So, I wouldn't advise paying extra for a room on this floor unless you plan on using the conference room (?).

The breakfast was strange, as it was during our last stay. One man I spoke to in the breakfast room summed it up well, I think: "I mean, I like fried chicken and chips, but for breakfast? Umm, okay."

Overall, we loved this hotel again, and will absolutely return.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple