“Friendly, English speaking baristas and amazing coffee.”

Blue Bottle Coffee Shinjuku Cafe
Ranked #6 of 27 Quick Bites in Shinjuku
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Some of the friendliest baristas and best coffee you'll find. I was impressed with everyone's English which made for an easier ordering experience. Very clean, good location near a lot of other shops and Shinjuku station. Definitely check it out!

Reviewed October 4, 2018

OK - yes I read the reviews as well. I also notice that apart from Starbucks there are not a lot of expresso coffee shops in the Shinjuku area. The coffee (blend) was a very dark bitter roast and the New Orleans Iced coffee was ~ drinkable as reviewed by my daughter. It is a pretty store, minimalist and clean lines beautiful from all those glass windows and just enough merchandise to stop to look at and consider if you want another coffee cup that you've brought from somewhere across the world.
For me the litmus test is:
1) Would I go out of my way to come back for that coffee? No, not really.
2) Was there something that would 'Wow' my foodie mates either as homeware or a trending tote bag? No, cute stuff but nothing I would drag around with me on the rest of my holidays.
Look if you are in the area go see, have a coffee - it is better than brewed.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We visited this Coffee Shop after reading a Trip Advisor Review. It lived up to all expectations though we were stunned to have to decide on a type of bean to use in our coffee in a second language. It seems they have some single origin beans that can be chosen if you decide to pay extra. The vibe in this cafe is cool and minimalist. The crowd are generally young , salarymen or tourists from next door Shinjuku Station. There is a choice of espresso, drip filter or iced coffee each with a separate barista to oversee. We watched our lattes being made and they are produced with such precision and care. This is reflected in the taste and the variety of latte art that they produce. We loved this Coffee Shop so much we visited it three times after we had discovered it.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Blue Bottle is happening among coffee lovers, even for people outside Japan. Take me, for example. It took me until the second visit in Japan to visit their outlet.

I recommend their souvenirs or coffee equipments. I bought their coffee drip and mug. Very neatly made. Really love it!

Their coffee servings are also a must. I ordered their V-60 manual brew coffee. Have to agree with most reviewers that their coffee quality. It is very good. But why I gave 4 stars? Simply because the same quality can be found in most coffee shops in Jakarta. I can name at least 5 cafe. For an Indonesian native like me, having a cup of Blue Bottle coffee simply gave an average impression. I'm not saying it was bad. It's just average for me.

The interior for Shinjuku outlet is very nice. I really like it. But there were too many casual visitors. Or visiting in group, with only 1-2 people ordering coffee while the rest was simply looking for a place to sit and ordered nothing. Very unfortunate as so many visitors were looking for available table/ seat.

Overall, I recommend Blue Bottle whenever you visit Japan.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

If you missed the nice coffee in oz, you can come here. The taste of coffee is strong enuf and the coffee seats are enough for you. It’s a good choice while you re waiting for the shop to open in the morning. However here is not a good place for breakfast as only cookie and muffins offered which re not too attractive for you to make an order in such food city!

Date of visit: July 2018