“Gluten free heaven in Tokyo!”

Glutenfree Cafe Littlebird
Ranked #7 of 9,622 Restaurants in Shibuya
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

I visited on my last day in Tokyo but wish I had gone earlier! I came with my boyfriend who isn’t celiac and he loved it as well. We had the karaagee, gyoza, udon and crepe with banana and chocolate. Everything tasted amazing and my boyfriend said the gyoza tasted just like “real” gyoza. There was a ton of selection from pizza, pasta, Japanese cuisine and burgers! Would recommend to anyone visiting Tokyo who is gluten free, it is insanely tastey and the service is excellent. Note, it is on the third floor, although it is clearly labeled outside and there is an elevator for those who may need it (we had our luggage with us).

The food was so good we started eating before we could get good pictures, but I’ve added a few.

Hope to be back soon!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 27, 2018

With two coeliacs and a vegetarian in the family, we were very pleasantly surprised to find an assorted menu that made it difficult to choose. We had yummy crumbed chicken, ramen, noodles, gyoza and waffles and gluten free beer. We all enjoyed it heaps. Especially the coeliacs. Highly recommend seeking out this venue. Space is small and places limited. We were lucky. Well done business owners

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2018

The restaurant is very small and packed, but I found it a great place to make new friends who have with same diet. I regret that I went there on my last day in Tokyo. The ramen was very good, and fried chicken too (thanks to the pregnant Hungarian lady who shared me her fried chicken). Next time I go to Tokyo I will go have meal here since my first day!

Better check if it's open or close before going because the operation hrs is subject to change. But worth a visit :)

Reviewed November 26, 2018

In all my research about Tokyo, Little Bird Cafe came up time and time again. While there are many cafes and restaurants that offer gluten-free options, Little Bird Cafe is 100% gluten-free and offers many dairy-free options as well. The small restaurant is on the fourth floor of a building next to Yoyogikoen Station. The menu offers a variety of options, including pizza, pasta, sandwiches, ramen, dumplings, fried chicken + waffles and more.

I hadn't eaten a green salad in days and was very excited to see it on the menu! The salad comes with cheese, but if you're dairy intolerant you can opt to have it removed. Next up were AMAZING gluten-free chicken potstickers. I also decided to treat myself and ordered a Nogodoshi-Nama gluten-free beer! So delicious!Although the ramen was tempting, I was craving a sandwich and went for the "raw ham" with avocado served with a side of fries. The bread was sort of like a thick pizza dough/crepe which was super chewy and delicious. The servings are huge here, so make sure you arrive hungry! I was too full to order dessert, but the green tea matcha waffles looked out of this world. Next time!

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

We are both celiac, so we researched gluten free options in Toyko, and ended up here one evening. It is easy to find, not too far from the metro station, and google maps lead us right to it. The restaurant is 100% gluten free. The food is very good. We arrived late, 30 minutes before closing, due to sightseeing all day, & they cheerfully served us. The only reason we didn’t give them 5 stars is due to the fact that our first two entree choices were not available. It is a small place, so you may have a wait if you arrive during peak times.