“Great Gluten-Free Option in Tokyo!”

Glutenfree Cafe Littlebird
Ranked #5 of 9,593 Restaurants in Shibuya
Reviewed November 26, 2018

In all my research about Tokyo, Little Bird Cafe came up time and time again. While there are many cafes and restaurants that offer gluten-free options, Little Bird Cafe is 100% gluten-free and offers many dairy-free options as well. The small restaurant is on the fourth floor of a building next to Yoyogikoen Station. The menu offers a variety of options, including pizza, pasta, sandwiches, ramen, dumplings, fried chicken + waffles and more.

I hadn't eaten a green salad in days and was very excited to see it on the menu! The salad comes with cheese, but if you're dairy intolerant you can opt to have it removed. Next up were AMAZING gluten-free chicken potstickers. I also decided to treat myself and ordered a Nogodoshi-Nama gluten-free beer! So delicious!Although the ramen was tempting, I was craving a sandwich and went for the "raw ham" with avocado served with a side of fries. The bread was sort of like a thick pizza dough/crepe which was super chewy and delicious. The servings are huge here, so make sure you arrive hungry! I was too full to order dessert, but the green tea matcha waffles looked out of this world. Next time!

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

We are both celiac, so we researched gluten free options in Toyko, and ended up here one evening. It is easy to find, not too far from the metro station, and google maps lead us right to it. The restaurant is 100% gluten free. The food is very good. We arrived late, 30 minutes before closing, due to sightseeing all day, & they cheerfully served us. The only reason we didn’t give them 5 stars is due to the fact that our first two entree choices were not available. It is a small place, so you may have a wait if you arrive during peak times.

Reviewed November 22, 2018 via mobile

Great as usual. Best banana and chocolate waffles. Yum Yum. Fried chicken delicious. Great place for gluten free comfort food.

Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome for anyone with celiac/gluten intolerance. In japan it is very difficult to find meals that do not contain or are crossed with some sort of soy sauce/wheat. My partner and I made the trip to this cafe and both extremely enjoyed the food, I finally got to try ramen whilst in japan! Thanks to this amazing cafe. The waffles are delicious as well!

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Super exciting to have the whole menu available Gluten free. Loved the Gyoza and Karage chicken pizza and the beer! Even my husband who is not GF enjoyed his burger and chips. Would recommend to all fellow GF visitors to Japan.