“Fusing Japanese/Western Ideas”

Ranked #30 of 44 Quick Bites in Shibuya
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed November 28, 2018

I was super surprised to come into CAMELBACK. It really took me back to being in a hipster coffee shop in Silver Lake, CA yet in a quiet neighborhood within Tokyo. Walking up to it, you notice a line out the window. There aren't any tables inside and the shop itself is pretty small. I was also surprised to see the menu in English and what I believe were dollars. I personally loved the modern interior with its rustic yet smooth look.

Going in, I saw a number of items but just was in the mood for two items in particular - the salted caramel latte and the egg omelette (tamago) sandwich. The salted caramel latte wasn't overly sweet and had a nice light touch - again reminding me a bit of home while the tamago was the highlight for me. The bread was just right texture-wise, not overly crunch or bland while the tamago had that light wasabi flavoring. It really was one of the best tamagos I've had in the area.

I got to talk to the chef as well who lived in Arizona for a bit. Was great to have a fun conversation about the concept of the cafe while also talking about the US a bit. Hope you get to make it out to the US eventually as a cafe in LA. :)

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018

tiny cool place! loved the vegetarian sandwich and the coffee was very good. cool atmosphere and cool staff.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Yoshiland
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Great food and coffee, really friendly and welcoming stuff. They've been so helpful, even gave us their mini guide for Tokyo and offered their help with whatever we need. I would definitely recommend this place!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Iva J
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Their coffee might be good.. but not as good if you're looking at their dull and sulky faces. As if they're not happy working here. There're more better coffee shop than this. Don't make your morning awful by coming to this place the very first in the morning

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank begah
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This shop is popular with Instagramers. There were many people taking pictures in front of the shop. I bought a sandwich and mate tea for lunch. The taste was delicious, but it was a bit expensive.

Date of visit: March 2018