“Nice place to have a tasty sandwich ”
Review of King George

King George
Ranked #472 of 9,629 Restaurants in Shibuya
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

King George is a nice restaurant to have a good home made sandwich in a cool ambience. Service (in English) is good, sandwiches are tasty and the good music (not too loud).

This place looks popular between the young trendy people from Daikanyama (there are waiting lines during the weekend).

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

I am a sandwich lover and suffering in Tokyo for not being able to find a true sandwich place. My boyfriend wanted to surprise me and took me here for a treat on Sunday. We waited outside about 25 minutes. I knew it was a small place but people were finishing eating, leaving and they were not taking us in. 3 tables of people left and we were still waiting at the top of the queue. Then they took 3 tables all together instead of taking us in for the free table in the first place. The English menu they gave us was missing the brunch part. I realized this by looking at the other people’s menu and had to cancel out and order again. At the end, the sandwich was nothing original, an ordinary but over priced sandwich! The coffee was not good either. I am vegetarian and there was only one option available for me. The bread is something you can find at any markets in Tokyo. I have no idea why people were finding this place appealing. Nothing special and it is worthless to wait outside for this. There are hundreds of better places in Tokyo I much rather waiting outside for. I do not recommend this place for a real sandwich lover or a vegetarian / vegan.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed April 17, 2017

A great place to stop for lunch before or after exploring the Daikanyama neighborhood. The sandwiches are huge but great, with wonderfully fresh ingredients, and on a nice day the rooftop is super.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed January 23, 2017

King George is upstairs & has a small side entrance, but not all that hard to find. A trek up the stairs ,and you'll have a nice view of the streetscape as you tuck into a sandwich with tasty fillings and plenty of lush lettuce. Serve was prompt and friendly, and the ambience was clean, but cool.
The beer was great, and we headed off,having had a break from japanese food, ready for the next local indulgence

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed May 6, 2016

I've been here two times already, both times as a friend date. The first time we came, there was no line so we were quickly seated, and orders were quickly taken. The second time, there was a line of roughly 12 people, which took about an hour for us to get in (30 minutes more than what I'd wait for).

The time it took to make the sandwiches, however, did seem to be longer than one would expect. When it arrived the food was served on a small wooden chopping board, wrapped in (what I think is unnecessary) baking paper. Most likely meant to keep people from getting their hands dirty from sauce dripping.

The bread was well toasted, not too dry, or too soggy, just right for the ingredients within.

The room was extremely well lit, and great for lunch dates with anyone, but preferably kept to a max of 2 people as there isn't much room.

I would request for a seat at the 3rd floor because the 2nd floor doesn't provide you with very good ventilation, which could become very hot during the summer time.

Date of visit: May 2016