“Delicious fresh chips ”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Famous Calbee chip brand has a shop where they cook to order on site-both hot chip style and crisp style. We tried the cheese hot chips and the chocolate drizzled crisps. Both were yummy. You couldn’t eat many of the chocolate ones and I wish they had salt on them which would have perfected them. There is also boxed cold chips and other merchandise to purchase too.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed April 19, 2019

I don’t know what they are doing to their potatoes in Japan but these were the most awesome French fries I’ve ever had. The lady was handing out samples in front of the store and after one bite, I was in line to buy some. It’s like they are batter coated, crispy, lightly salted and deep fried. You get a cupful of about 40 identically sized fries for less than ¥500. Give them a try.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

My mom and I spent the day in Harajuku, visited Calbee, and loved it so much, we returned the next day when we were in the area. We really loved the vegetable potato sticks (the cheese were good too) and the chocolate chips because they were salty and sweet. You can skip the churros. It’s a fun, colorful shop with cute graphics and many chip varieties to purchase and take home. We would recommend Calbee to any chip lover. If you can be there when they open, it’s ideal since a line builds in the store and up the stairs. However, if you are in line, it moves quickly, and we were in line maybe 10-15 minutes.

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

We’d heard about their hot, fresh potato chips, so we stood in a line that stretched all the way upstairs and wound our way to the front, where our large group ordered one of everything. Clear winners were the cheesy French fry/chip hybrids called Poterico, and the hot & spicy chips, which were actually not very spicy at all but more like BBQ chips. If you’re gonna eat junk food, at least make it good junk!

Reviewed March 20, 2019

Ok...I am a fool for Calbee. I have walked by this place a dozen times but never went it. Had no idea they had HOT Calbee inside that you can buy. Not only that is it a wonderland of EVERY kind of Calbee you can imagine and then some!!! Egads! It is Calbee nirvana. There was a line but it wasn't terrible. The experience was really very interesting....and tasty!

Date of visit: November 2018