“The best in Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ta-im

Ta-im
Ranked #50 of 7,463 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Description: Ta-im serves up fresh authentic Israeli food in the heart of Tokyo. Run by Dan Zuckerman and his wife Akiko, Ta-im has an extensive menu ranging from vegetarian favorites such as hummus and falafel to schnitzel and lamb dishes. Seasonal specials are available, too. Ta-im prides itself on serving fresh food made from high-quality ingredients. Israeli wines and beers available too!
Tatebayashi, Japan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best in Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I went to Ta-im tonight and it was amazing. It has counter seating which was wonderful because we got to talk to other patrons and Danny (the owner I'm presuming), who is delightful. He helped us decide what to order and ever single item was absolutely wonderful. The babaganoush and lamb and hummus were delicious and the falafel was the best that I have ever had! In my 7 months living in Japan, this has been my favorite meal yet.

• Visited June 2014

“Best meal in Japan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I agree wholeheartedly with all of the other reviewers. Of all the wonderful meals I had during my recent trip to Japan, my night at Ta-im was the most enjoyable and memorable. Dani and Akiko really know how to make their guests feel at home and serve up a delicious meal. The restaurant has a great vibe and the food is simply sensational. Start with the hummus, babaganoosh and matbucha dips. Dani and Akiko will keep refilling your pitta basket when they see it running low. You won't have to ask. Order the felafel, too. As for mains, I had the lamb/beef shashlik and the chicken kebab. My friend had the schnitzl which was also great. Quite simply, this was the best Israeli food I have ever had - inside or outside Israel. Period. I'll definitely be back here when I'm next in Japan.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“This place rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Came here craving some vegetarian friendly dishes and we were not disappointed! This place offers great Israeli food (falafel, humus, etc) in a friendly atmosphere. The owners are really fun to talk to and are really welcoming.

Visited January 2014
“High quality food, wine, and people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Ta-Im is my favorite restaurant in Japan. The food is on par with food in Israel and is better than any of the other Israeli restaurants in town. By a mile.

The shop is small with only countertop seating, but this makes for a very friendly and inviting atmosphere to mingle with other patrons and staff. Because of this and the quality of the food, it's best to call in for a reservation, especially at night.

All the dishes are a must try. You won't be disappointed with any. The Pelter Wine is fantastic if you like a nice glass of wine.

• Visited January 2014
Europe
“Incredible, Authentic Israeli Food with a Friendly Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in Tokyo. I've been eating Israeli and Middle Eastern food my whole life, including in Israel, and Ta-Im is easily one of the best I've eaten at.

My favorite dishes:
*Lamb (which you can get on cinnamon stick skewers or sauted) over hummus.
*Falafel, which is superb and should always be eaten with hummus!
*Baba ganoush (eggplant), which is the best I've had anywhere. I don't make this comment lightly.
*Chicken schniztel pita sandiwch, which I often dream about.
*Tip: make sure to order the halvah for dessert (israeli sesame dessert)

The atmosphere is very warm, and with the counter seating, customers often meet each other and enjoy the casual, Israeli style. The Chef is committed to both top-quality, fresh foods and warm hospitality.

Clearly, I'm a regular here.

• Visited October 2013