“A fair deal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shibuya
Hotel Excellent Ebisu
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I ended up in this hotel which was booked for me by my Japanese colleagues.
The hotel is conveniently located in Ebisu, very close to subway and the area around is not bad with small streets and plenty of good looking Japanese restaurants. You need not be shy as most restaurants don't have English signboards on the front so it is difficult to know what food they serve unless pushing their door. If you are shy, you can walk to Ebisu garden where the beer museum stands and there you'll find western style restaurants, but it's not fun to eat western in Japan, right?
The + : the hotel is a 20mn walk from the "Kill bill"restaurant which served as the decor for this famous Taratino film. The place is worth seeing for the movie afficinado, but is a tourist trap.
The good about the hotel: the room is not that small (we're in Tokyo, small is "really" small!), the rate per night is fair including a "lean" continental breakfast, the lift is very quick, the rooms are clean.
The not so good: rooms on the street can be noisy depending on the day, it's a smoking hotel so you kind of feel like someone is smoking beside you as you go to your room, tobacco smell is impregnated (at least on the 6/F where I slept, I don't know for the other floors).
Conclusion: I would stay there again for business trip, but I won't keep special memory of this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not the first time I stay here.......as it is close to my office.
For the money you spend it's for sure worth it.
Rooms are clean (even if not too big).
it is very convenient, close to JR Ebisu station.
Price is fair for what this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jackonn
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at hotel excellent for 2 nights and like most other travelers I found the location of the hotel and value to be excellent. It's very convenient to get to the Hibiya (Subway) line and the JR circle line. There are lots of great options for food near the hotel and one stop down the Hibiya line in Meguro.

However, the rooms are quite small. I stayed in a single room on the 10th floor and the bed was a little short for me (I'm only 183 cm tall).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Not the newest, or the cheapest, but the location is perfect. Any time you can be on the Hibiya subway line or JR Yamanote line in less than a minute, you'll feel like you're in the center of everything Tokyo has to offer. Excellent is clean and has all the things you need, but don't you dare stay a minute late. I was hoping to watch baseball in my room until the last minute and in spite of confirming that I'd pay for an extra hour, found another charge--- beause I was 5 minutes beyond the hour. That's Japan. Rules are rules, and exceptions are rarely granted. Just because... And I speak Japanese! Maybe you'd have more luck with a shoulder shrug. You've been warned. That said, you'll be able to be at a Shibuya or Roppongi meeting spot quicker from Hotel Excellent than from some outlying hotels in those very neighborhoods because of the convenient location. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Seems to me that the hotel picked the right name. Truly excellent! Most friendly staff I have ever met! My special thanks to Frank, Natalie and Leo from Reception and F&B who have made our stay unforgettable!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2010

- very near to the train station, shopping complex, restaurants.
- small but clean and very neat room

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank nur_idora
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Great name for a GREAT Hotel... Staff was on top of things.. Loved this place and will visit again.

Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Tokyu Stay Shibuya Shin-minamiguchi
Hotel Mid In Meguro-Ekimae
The Westin Tokyo
The Westin Tokyo
#1 of 12 in Meguro

Been to Hotel Excellent Ebisu? Share your experiences!