“Shibuya Tobu Hotel”

Shibuya Tobu Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Hello

Great Hotel. Recommended. Will Stay again.Very close to all the action. Subway station 5-10 minutes walk away. No free internet access in rooms. Two computers downstairs in reception if you need to contact the outside world urgently! Will costs you of course! Cold drinks vending machine and ice dispenser on on each floor. The hotel room was very clean and of decent size. No American size rooms for the same price obviously. Staff speak excellent English. Off to learn Japanese now ! Japan see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Shibuya Tobu Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was decent. Staff were kind and helpful. It is located in a great area with not a far walk to the metro. The rooms were tiny and was the bathroom but this is to be expected in Japan. It was very clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We booked this hotel based on location and reviews and were not disappointed. This was our first trip to Tokyo, and with literally only a few Japanese words under our belt (sorry/hi/thankyou/beer) we were unsure what we'd be in for!
Luckily even though the hotel website is in Japanese you can easily book a room through one of the many English hotel booking sites.

Before we arrived I sent a few email enquiries all of which were replied to with 'good' English, which was certainly reassuring for us. We arrived early morning well before check-in but comcierge staff were more than happy to store our bags while we went on our first walk around the Shibuya area! In saying that, the location of the hotel is excellent, easy walking distance to Harajuku (via the lovely Yoyogi Park) and all the sites of Shibuya (shopping, nightlife, restaraunts, train etc). The major train station allowed us to make several bullet train day trips (via Shinagawa) during our stay and super easy connections to Tokyo areas.

As for the hotel room itself, each floor has a couple of vending machines offering alcohol and coffee drinks which is handy! The room while small (this is Tokyo!) was nowhere near as small as our expectations and accomodated us perfectly for two weeks. Noise can be heard from other rooms, but this was never bad enough to be an issue for us. Though it's worth mentioning you may need to switch the TV on if you're not interested in hearing all your partners bodily sounds while they're on the loo :)
Saying that there's a desk/tv/small fridge contained in the room also.

All in all we were very happy with our stay and would likely come back if staying in Shibuya again (the location of the hotel is a major perk). Also worth noting the hotel service was great, they even accepted delivery of our rental mobile SIMs that we had sent to the hotel and were very helpful for minimal Japanese speaking Australians :)

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very clean Hotel, fantastic location, helpful staff.

OK so the rooms are small, but thats what hotel rooms are like in Japan.

The hotel provides, toiletries, night shirts and wired internet access, there is a 32" flat screen tv in the room and access to BBC and Fox channels as well as the usual japanese channels.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, have loved our 5 days here.

Also was very hot when we arrived and the first thing the reception staff did was give us 2 cold towels to cool ourselves down, a very nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent 7nights in Tobu hotel and it definetly worth every cent. Their rate is quite reasonable compering to other Tokyo hotels, especially for such central location.. Firstly the twin room that me and my friend stayed was fairly big for Tokyo standarts, clean and had simply everything that we needed from a hotel room even japanese style pijamas on our beds.. The staff were very kind and helpful , tried to answer every question we asked.
Tobu hotel is very conveniently located just 5-10 min walk distance away from the JR station which enabled us to reach whereever we wanted to go in Tokyo.. To me Shibuya neighborhood feels like it's a city itself in a big city that perfectly reflects the young spirit of Japan with its crowd, shops and cafes..
I would definetly stay in Shibuya Tobu hotel if i had chance to come back to Tokyo and reccomend this place especially to young travellers.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night before meeting up with friends.

Room- small, but perfect for 1 person. It just has the basics, no frills. No closet, a tiny bathroom, tv, and bed. It was very clean and the AC worked so I was happy. Even though it's on a busy street the room was surprisingly quiet. I had no problems with sleeping. Wifi was free in the lobby.
I got a deal through Expedia for $150 (regular price was $220/night). I got the last one :) I just winged it and went there without a reservation based on a friend telling me that they stayed there. I wanted to see if the walk up price would be cheaper than Expedia. The staff told me that there were no Expedia rooms left...but I could see online that there was 1 room so I just booked it. They had no choice but to accept. $70 saved.

Location- right in the middle of Shibuya. Minutes from the train station, food, Shibuya crossing, and a 20 minute walk to Harajuko. I like to shop so this was perfect- all the majors were just across the street. You can get lost for hours roaming the local boutiques on the side streets. It's true- the Shibuya girls have amazing style! I people watched all day admiring their fashions. The Harajuko girls also did not disappoint. It was crazy to see how "they" come out after 7:30...

Food- too much to choose from! Anything you want is just a short walk away. It was my first night so I chowed down at the first ramen spot that I could find. Everything was delicious!

I would highly recommend staying here and would come back again. Good if you're on a budget and want a good location. It's also very safe if you're traveling alone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel was located a 10 minutes walk up the hilly side of Shibuya. From the Shibuya station's Hachiko Exit/ gate, find Seibu and walk straight up until the traffic light Shibuya- Jinnan post Office and turn left, walk pass Parco Mall and you can see the sign of Tobu Hotel. The hotel room was commonly small. No free wifi in the room but there was free wifi at the lobby but only for Apple family and the Androids. Blackberrys can't access the free wifi. There were lots of restaurants (Denny's, KFC, Ootoya, McD etc), supermarkets (Seibu, Tokyu etc) and dept stores, shops nearby the hotel. The hotel was a bit outdated but clean. The service was only average to below average for Japan standard.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family