“Shibuya Tokyu Inn”

Shibuya Tokyu REI Hotel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I was looking for a cheap stay for 6 days. Low expectations, just needed a roof over my head. This hotel is reasonably quiet but streetnoise comes through in the background. Personnel is very friendly and drinks go by paid dispenser which charges streetprices! Rooms are small as is the bathroom but it is very clean and they support a method for environmentaly friendly cleaning and changing. Absolutly fully worth it's price of €82 per night. It is 150 meters from Shibuya Station.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Shibuya Tokyu REI Hotel

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I went to tokyo with my fiancee for a week stay in shibuya, this hotel is in a superb position close to shibuya station that will lead you to JR lines and metro lines. The stay in the hotel was excellent, the room was bigger than I expected I ordered a semi double, the room was clean, internet was available, TV working, Bathroom reasonable size, air conditioning working, what more can you ask for?

The great thing about the location is it is next to a convenience store which means I could buy food from there and take it up to my room and place it in my fridge without any hassle what so ever.

What I also liked was the fact that not once did I get pressured to eat inside the hotel restaurant, I tried breakfast there once but wasn't really a fan of the food and instead went out to eat. You should really check out the little hidden restaurants on the same street, the food in there is great.

The hotel staff were polite and friendly and some even had basic english and would help you if they can.

I will be going back next year and will be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you bring a laptop with you, go for a room with internet it will save a lot of time finding locat...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The first thing we noticed was carpet stains everywhere - hallways, and in the room there was a big red splotch next to the bed that looked like a crime scene. In a country like Japan you just don't normally see that sort of grubbiness - we stayed in the Tokyu Inn in Kyoto and the rooms were immaculate. The room was a double and it was absolutely tiny - the double bed was pushed right up next to the wall so only one person could get out from the side. At night there was an awful smell that came through the air conditioning so we had to turn it off altogether. For the price we paid (we booked late so it was about $280 a double) I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone, other than for being in the heart of Shibuya which is a fabulous location.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank DA_Wanderlust
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The location, a short stroll from Shibuya station and the crossing, is perfect for visiting Shibuya. Our room was tiny, dark and very orange, but reasonably clean and ok for us to sleep in. I think we chose a standard double room and peeked through the doors to what I guess are the slightly more expensive twin rooms, they seemed decidedly larger and more comfortable and for a couple travelling I would suggest one of those. The hotel as a whole gave a quite run-down impression, but is also not very expensive. I got a little claustrophobic due to the low ceiling, when I first stepped out of the elevator I felt like I was in the cheaper cabin part of a large ferry.

We did not try the restaurant at the entrance so cannot comment on that. Shibuya station holds bakeries and other sources for breakfast and there's a starbucks down by the crossing if you haven't dechiffered or learned to like the Tokyo/Japanese morning food.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheapest double room, go for a slightly bigger one as the small rooms are tiny.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in mid April 2011, was really pleased with my choice. A semi-double room for one person had everything I needed, even a view of the bustling street 11 floors below and the Karoke rooms opposite ... hilarious!! Asked for and got a non smoking room, clean and quiet with a great night's sleep.
Reception staff very helpful, I managed to be understood with my very limited Japanese language and they happily gave me a late checkout (12 midday). Bag storage if you arrive before stated check in time.
Rooms are small as is usual in Japan and I could move around comfortably, but let's face it, I was only there to sleep! Bathroom compact and spotless, water hot and good pressure in the shower. Towels changed daily unless you advise otherwise via a card on the door. Small empty refrigerator perfect for money saving purchases at the convenience store down the street and cold drinks. Hot water machine, tea and coffee supplied.
The location places you right in the middle of the local action .. day and night! Good access ( 5 mins walk to Shibuya station) to transport to other parts of Tokyo via rail and bus and many attractions in comfortable walking distance.
As a solo female traveller I felt comfortable and safe in this hotel and this area of Tokyo.

Room Tip: Book + pay online = no issues at checkout.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Yandinagirl
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tokyo, mainly because of location. My wife and I stayed here 5 nights.

It's in a great location essentially in the heart of Shibuya 5 min walk from the 5 ways crossing (and 2 mins if not peak hour pedestrian time) and next to a BIC camera (handy for some). Great night time sights and walking distance to Harajuku up the road. Close the the metro and JR station too.

The rooms are pretty small. Typical Japanese style but one of the smallest rooms we stayed in. It was manageable, but you had to put things away and keep it clean. Bed was not great but acceptable. Room was clean. Nothing flash though.

Pretty good price vs other options in the area. Staff spoke a bit of english, not much, but enough. they were friendly too. Its al about location and having Shibuya at your door. If you can afford or want biggger rooms there may be better options though?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My stay at the Tokyu Inn was all too short,being only 3 nights.There is so much to see in this lovely place and i had not enough time to see it all.Haridguku St being about a 20 minute walk and historical shinto temples along the way to visit.
The rooms were extremely clean and very comfortable,with the provision of clean cotton kimonos for us to wear.Bathroom facilities were fantastic with hand soap,shampoo,conditioner..etc..all provided in pump style containers.Everything from shaving equipment to body sponges were also provided.I feel the only drawback to this lovely hotel was the lack of English spoken by the staff on duty at the time of our stay.After much gesticulating and arm waving,did we get them to understand us.i tried to make a booking for dinner in the on-site restaurent,but to no avail as the restaurent staff could not understand what i was saying.We finally found a lovely italian restaurent just up the road from the hotel.The train line is very close to the hotel and periodically you feel the rumbling of the trains going by.But this was only a small drawback and i would not let it stop me from staying there again..it was a lovely time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends