“Great for gifts”

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Great for gifts”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I bought some new and antique Kokeshi here for a great price. A lovely store. Not crowded or stuffed with tacky merchandise. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
Mortdale, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent souvenir shop”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Oriental Bazaar was one of the shopping highlights of my trip to Japan. Conveniently located in Harajuku, its just a short walk from the train station and Takashite street. My friends and I thought it might be just your typical souvenir shop with tacky products but we were very pleasantly surprised! There was an amazing range of high quality and unique things available across three levels of shopping.

We were on the hunt for gifts for family and friends, so the first two levels were great for us. If you're planning on buying cheaper kimono/yukatas, save your money for the Oriental Bazaar. Whilst they do stock most of the typical designs you might see at other places, the prices are a bit cheaper than everywhere else and there are a really wide range of patterns in different sizes. Every cup, keyring, magnet and piece of crockery you can think of was there and displayed beautifully throughout the store and staff were polite and attentive.

The second floor had more expensive antiques and authentic beautiful kimono. All these things were out of our price range but it was nice taking a look at all the interesting things for sale.

Overall i would definitely recommend the Oriental Bazaar to anyone interested in buying japanese knick knacks and souvenirs.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Shana T
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ATTENTION! Great Souvenir shop in Harajuku, Tokyo!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Oriental Bazaar is a great souvenir shop for Tokyo and Japan in general. This is the only true souvenir place I've been to in Tokyo, but I guarantee it has to be the best. They carry everything from antique figurines, dishes, posters to real painted art. Some of the items are a bit pricey, but definitely original and custom. They also have cheap key chains and other little nic-nacs thay are also cool. I actually thought of flying to Japan for a few days just to pick up some new wall decor for my condo lol. Overall great place, located on a buzzing Main Street in Harajuku and friendly English and Japanese speaking employees.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Jmos1024
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Where to buy an authentic affordable piece of Japan.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have spent 2 weeks in Japan travelling to 5 different cities and I must say the Oriental Bazaar is by far the best place to buy non cheesy souvenirs from Japan. You might be deceived at first by the street where is based given its full of high end brands like Dior & Channel, also it looks really good from the outside it might give an impression of ridiculously expensive.. but trust me it’s not.

I would always buy something really authentic (non-commercial) pieces from any country I visit, let's just say that the Oriental Bazaar is exactly what I have been looking for in Japan. IT HAS IT ALL!!! I usually limit my souvenirs to 2-3 pieces/country, but that was impossible in that place.
You can buy there some unique: chopsticks, tea cups & pots, soup bowls, sushi platters, Japanese paintings, curtains, cute small balls/plates....and the list goes for ever.

Let's not start about how efficient & professional the staff is!!! I was blown away!! They check every single item at the counter & make sure you are happy with the wrapping! It's normal for Japanese, but still I couldn't believe it :)

Best piece of info here, prices are AFFORDABLE!! you will find all ranges of prices, the chances that you leave without buying anything are ZERO.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank dinahsn
Findlay, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A good place to buy authentic souvenirs”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stopped in the Oriental Bazaar in an effort to purchase gifts that were not junk but also did not cost an arm and a leg for my loved ones back home. The gifts here are quality items raining in price from $350 yen up to a few hundred. I purchased a sushi set for two for around 20 yen, rice bowls with chop sticks to match for around 15 yen, and a couple of nice handkerchiefs for 5 yen each. They carry a variety of items at decent prices.

Visited June 2013