We stayed here for 7 days. The location can't be beat. It is about 2 blocks away from Shinjuku Station. When getting off Shinjuku Station, look for the South Terrace Exit. Make a left when you exit the station. Pass the Starbucks and find a way down to the street on your right. The hotel is right there across the street. There's an AM/PM across the street. Make sure to buy a few bottles of water during your stay.
The room is small and bland. The wall and carpet can use more cleaning if you look really close. Our room did not have much of a view but not a big deal for us The one thing that was very very annoying was the shower. The water temperature fluctuates randomly. It can get really cold all of a sudden. Room has a TV, small fridge, water boiler for tea, blow dryer, and slippers. Internet connection is free and speedy. We had no trouble checking gmail and facebook =).
The staff in the lobby speak English and are very friendly and helpful. There's a smoking room in the back of the lobby for those smokers out there.
I don't think I will stay at this hotel on next trip if there's a cheaper alternative at around the same location. Our stay was decent but nothing spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Priceline, Rakuten, Agoda, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo