The rooms were new, warm, bright and comfortable. The television had CNN on it (better than nothing, albeit only slightly). The free (wired) internet was fairly quick and very useful. The bathroom was bright and well equipped; the bed was soft and comfy.
The hotel's bar, while smoky, was quite a pleasant place to while away an hour or so.
The location is interesting: it's a short walk away from the main Shinjuku station, but literally round the corner from an entrance to one of the underground system train stations. When leaving the main station, you're best following signs to the 'Southern Terrace', which'll take you to a newly completed area with a few stores on it. Take the stairs opposite the Starbucks and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts stores, and you'll find yourself walking down to the street level, and the hotel directly opposite you.
I was in a room booked as a single (the bed was big enough for a double, so I'm assuming it was in reality a double room). Just a warning to the prudish; the bathroom has a big window with no curtains/blinds - if you're staying with a friend, then a) what are you doing sharing a bed anyway, and b) look away if they're using the bathroom.
The Sunroute is a bright, modern hotel and hugely comfortable. I heartily recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Rakuten, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo