“Good location”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Best thing about the hotel is that it is located within walking distance (5-10mins) of the shinjuku station and not too expensive.

Rooms are small, cosy and clean. Service is good. There is no safe in the room but you can deposit your valuables at the reception!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wxjxjxj
プラザ新宿管理者, マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Hotel Sunroute Plazashinjuku.

We appreciate your kind comments and it’s great you enjoyed the location and positioning of the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I booked the Standard Single room which is small but good enough for one person. I was very glad that they allow me to check in before 1100 hours. This was really great as it's immediate check in which I really need after almost nine hours of flight plus train ride to Shinjuku and I was not feeling well. The front desk/most of the staff are proficient in English and helpful but the only thing is they fail to recommend me to sign up for the Sunroute Club Point Card. I only remember about this on my last day while waiting for the bus to airport but it was too late to fill up any form as I don't want to miss the bus. Can I sign up for this card though I have left Tokyo?

As mentioned the room is small but it is just a place to sleep. The mattress is a bit sunken and felt back discomfort the next day, the carpet as mentioned by many other guests is dirty with many stains, some stains can be found on the wallpaper and a bit on the shower curtain. I brought my own slippers as would not want to wear "recycled" slippers though there was a note saying it has been cleaned. There is a small wardrobe for clothes just next to the door to the room. I do not like the fact that the wardrobe has no door and next to the door - the door is opened when the housekeeping staff is cleaning the room and other guest passing by might steal your clothes! Everytime I go out I have to push my clothes out of the sight of any passer by and first thing I look when I open the door is to check if all my clothes are there!

The bus from Narita only operates from 1415 hours so those arriving in the morning need to take the train. Maybe the hotel can work with the bus company to implement the operating hours from morning to the hotel. Though walking distance from Shinjuku Station South exit it would be more convenient to take the bus for those with big luggages.

My first choice of hotel is Kadoya but most rooms are fully booked and I have to change room (different category of room) every night. After reading many reviews of Hotel Sunroute Plaza I cancelled my reservation at Shinjuku Washington though the hotel rate is cheaper. Kadoya was my first choice as I can take the airport bus to Keio Plaza hotel and walk there and Shinjuku Washington has airport buses to the hotel from morning but this hotel is far from Shinjuku station.

After my stay at Hotel Sunroute Plaza; this will always be my choice of hotel. Great location, free WIFI etc..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
We appreciate your honest comments.
It’s great you made use of our excellent location.
I agree that some of the room carpet is dirty and we make this clear.

Thank you again for leaving your comments.

Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Like before, a very good choice. Rooms typical for Japan, fantastic location. Good wifi, Airport Limousine Bus for both airports drop-off and pick-up from this hotel. Very close to Shinjuku station with access to many lines.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
プラザ新宿管理者, フロント at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for your staying with us!!
We are very glad to hear your comment!

We are looking forward to see you again !
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The hotel is very near to the Shinjuku station. It is modern, clean and comfortable. Staff are very polite and helpful.
Although the room is clean, it is very small.
Breakfast are both Western and Japanese.

Note: If you are travelling to several cities in Japan using public transport and don’t want to drag your big suitcases with you, we found the Luggage Transfer service is very efficient and convenient. The hotel will send your suit cases onwards to your next hotel for a fee. Highly recommended if you don’t want the hassle of lugging big suitcases on busy trains/buses.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
プラザ新宿管理者, フロント 一般職 at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank for you for staying Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjyuku.
We are apologize that some inconvenience of our room.

We really appreciate for your comment.
We are looking forward of serving you again.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We booked two twin rooms at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. The rooms are much bigger than we expected. It has all the amenities like toothbrushes, hair brush, slippers, and even Q-tips. Very quiet and peaceful environment even though it is in the heart of Shinjuku. The most delighted moment is when we checked in to our room, we were greeted with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine from the hotel due to The fact that I only mentioned to them we visit the country to celebrate our 18th year wedding anniversary. Very thoughtful and accommodating! And the location is excellent! Staffs are nice and courteous. Thank you! Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Frequentraveler008
プラザ新宿管理者, フロント 一般職 at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for your warm comment.
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We present the bottle of sparkling wine to the guest for anniversary or celebration.

We are looking forward of serving you again.

Sincerely yours,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is my family's second stay at this hotel. Splendid location if you want to enjoy the action & excitement of Shinjuku. The staff was really accommodating and allowed my kid to rest in the lounge even after checking out. Will definitely be back again on my next trip to Tokyo.

One bugbear would be the quality of pillows - those I had were thin & bare, unlike the usual sofy, fluffy ones that we would expect in a hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AndrewWai
プラザ新宿管理者, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear sir or madam

Thank you for staying our hotel. We really appreciate you comment like this.
It sounds like you enjoyed staying our hotel and I am excited about the fact you stayed our hotel two times. We always help our guests whenever they need it.
Looking forward to seeing you for your third stay in our hotel.
Yours sincerly.

Front desk Yutaro Takeuchi
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Pretty happy my friend recommended this hotel to me - was perfect - very close to shinjuku station south exit, in turn convenient as! Well price, good twin room, free wifi, happy customer. In turn we also booked Sunroute in Hiroshima, albeit a little older, the same value applied. Will stay here again when I travel to Tokyo - Nariata Express (airport transfer train) stops at Shinjuku - which is also only 2 stops from Harijuku for shopping & Shibuya is 3 stops -!! A little bit of the main road so it's peaceful as you can be in Tokyo.!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Simplesime
Thanks for staying with us!!
We will be happy to host your next visit into TOKYO.

I do hope that you will come back and stay with us soon.

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Hotel Century Southern Tower
#12 of 81 in Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#8 of 81 in Shinjuku

Been to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku? Share your experiences!