Other than the Century Southern tower which was unfortunately fully booked very early on - this hotel is "the other" nearest hotel to the Sinjuku station and to be precise - it is stated to be a 3 minute walk, but in reality, if you're not infirmed or on a wheelchair - it is only about a minute from the Southern entrance of the JR Shinjuku station.
Rooms are typical Tokyo sizing - small, but we paid extra for a double bed in a slightly bigger room. Unfortunately only the smoking rooms were left (We're non smokers) but didn't notice second hand smoke on checking in. The JR Tokyo General Hospital is right in front of the hotel and other than the occasional blare of ambulances, it is a relatively quiet hotel. Bedding is of the hard type that most East Asians are used to. Pillows are of the usual types standard to international hotels.
Getting around from this hotel is a joy, as the entrance to the Tokyo Subway station is just to the right of the hotel entrance on exiting) and there are cafes and eateries nearby for breakfast - especially handy is a Segafredo if you want decent espresso and operator made milk foam ! which are unfortunately rare beasts in Japan.
Staff speak very good English and if you've signed up to their Hotel club, you are eligible for a 1300 check-out time. Wifi is free but slow for some reason, even slower than their Higashi Shinjuku hotel. The airconditioning has a minimum of 19C which is adequate for the recent start to the really hot Autumn.
Good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, JAPANiCAN, Agoda, Sunroute Co., Ltd. and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo