Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
  • Breakfast included
$131
$106
5,158 results
All reviewseconomy double roomgreat locationsouth exitfamily martnarita airportrooms are smalloedo lineminute walkwalking distancejr stationpost officebuffet breakfastcoin laundrysouthern terrace exitfree internettokyu handsstayed here for nights
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I arrived 2 days ago and will be staying in the next couple of days. This is my preliminary review of this hotel, theres more details after the stay.
Hotel Location: very accessible to train,department stores,convenient stores,shops,restaurants. I enjoyed getting lost since every nooks and cranies has something to offer but I can still find my way back to my hotel.
Hotel Receptionist: Excellent at doing their job, very glad to answer all my questions, directions to take train and even assist me on how the public phone works using prepaid card.
Hotel Maid: Very respectful, he even called my room phone via VOICEMAIL to verify about daily housekeeping to make sure I want to skip the cleaning yesterday. wow! very dedicated to their assigned task. when i requested to Provide me with an extra pillow and replacement of Bath towel he came back with the items within 3minutes!
Eleavator/Lift: very fast and secured, i was in the 14th floor...it took only less than 19 seconds to get there. the lift will now operate unless u swipe ur room key, very important security measure!
Checking In: It was efficient and fast a

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

On checking in, we were given a dark and very dirty room (12O7) with a glazed window and complained, first to no avail. As we were staying three nights, we insisted before going to bed and were saved by a competent English-speaking night receptionist who found us a better and decent alternative. The person in charge of the front desk in the afternoon could have offered us the same option but had insisted on selling us a very expensive upgrade. His English was quite poor anyway. The rooms are small but OK when you get a good one and the hotel is well located. Yet their unpredictablility should make people think twice before booking there -although a Tripadvisor Award Trophy proudly sits on the front desk counter.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel had excellent service, clean rooms, and the breakfast was also very good. The rooms are small (but this is to be expected in Tokyo). The best thing about this hotel is how close it is to shinjuku station, only 3 mins walk! I like this hotel so much that I decided to stay there again when we had an extra night.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Shinjuku Sunroute is in a very central location for our Tokyo stay.

We have these problems in Sunroute:-

1. Your rooms are very small. (opening luggage very difficult)

2. A taxi driver in Shinjuku JR station took us to the other Shinjuku Sunroute instead of your hotel on the first day.
Solution:- Please tell all your future customers the directions to JR (Southern Exit) Sunroute & let them know that there are TWO Sunroute hotels in Shinjuku, DO NOT go to the wrong one.

3. The WIFI in the hotel room is weak

Room Tip: Drag your lugggage to the SOUTHERN SHINJUKU JR exit because there are two Sunroutes in Shinjuku. Do not go to the wrong one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rachsyt
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location. In the hub of all acitivities.
Only downfall, is that the room is pretty small for a twin double. No room to swing a cat. Because of the shortage of space, we have to put the suitcases on the beds to open them which is not too hygienic.
Otherwise, pleasant hotel but location is great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple