“Location, Location, Location”

Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel was in such a great location. Just a couple minutes from so many different lines. And for such a great location we found the price to be very reasonable - we stayed for 7 days so we got a discount for a longer stay. My husband and I had a double room and it was small. Even though I was warned about the size, I was still surprised - there is no storage whatsoever. But we didn't find it unpleasant - you just have to have an organised suitcase that you can get your stuff out of and then repack. We had these little zip up pouches to store socks and such that helped keep it organised - I recommend them. The hotel was clean (the carpet was a little worn but that's it) and the service was good (no problem communicating with us in English). There was a washer and dryer which is great if you are on a long trip (the dryer is not strong so don't leave your washing to the night before like we did, cause you will have to hang stuff up to dry). There is a 7/11 around the corner that has a much greater selection than anything in North America (onigiri and bentos!) But the best thing about this hotel is the location. We stayed at a different hotel at the end of our trip because this one was booked and really missed the convenience of it. This was our first trip to Japan and this hotel made it so easy to get around. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: -Get the Suica & N'EX pass that gets you a roundtrip from Narita to Shinjuku (just minutes f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica F

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Close to JR, with Limousine at hotel!
Standard Twin Room size is quite spacious compared to other Tokyo Japan.
Comfy mattress and very clean room.
Washroom amenities and shower are great.
Reception staff speak good English and good service.

Overall will recommend to everyone who likes convenience and value for money!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights as base for exploring Tokyo and could not fault it. Great location on top of JR Shinjuku - which gives you quick access for Nikko and beyond plus of course the subway network and all the sites - very helpful staff with good English, great breakfast, clean rooms. Could not ask for much more as our first stop in Japan. Stayed in a double with Queen Size bed and not huge but big enough. Plenty of places to eat in the area as hotel restaurant and bar was expensive - you're paying London prices but this is Tokyo.
Overall very happy with our stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! The staff is excellent, very helpful and spoke English very well. The location is unbeatable, near Shinjuku station, but not one of the overcrowded entrances. I stayed with my family and we had one twin room and one single room, and both were excellent. They weren't very big, but big enough and very clean. The restaurant downstairs was very good, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It might be a little pricey for some, but there are lots of eating places nearby. I traveled away from Tokyo for about a week before returning to the hotel for one night, and they held my luggage for me. Having a shuttle bus to Haneda airport at the hotel was extremely convenient. This hotel was great, and I recommend it highly!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We are a family of 8 and took 4 rooms for four nights. The location is ideal, near the subway and train stations, shopping, restaurants! The rooms are very clean, beds and pillows comfortable, of decent size compared to our other hotels in Osaka and Kyoto. No wi-fi in the rooms, only cabled internet. But I used the airPort Express and was able to provide wi-fi internet for all our phones and other IOS devices in all the 4 rooms which were adjacent to each other. That was cool! We will go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OliJac2012
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for 8 nights early January 2013. Was my second time at this hotel. Very convenient and with JR Shinjuku station only minutes away plus the metro. Great place to stay and move about. I had booked the 5.10am limousine bus to Haneda on my checkout day. The day before it snowed heavily in Tokyo. After checking out while waiting in the lobby for the limousine bus, a young lady came to check if I was indeed waiting for the bus and informed me that the service has been cancelled due to highway closure.

As expected, panicked a little and followed her back to the reception desk where she calmly gave me the refund for the limousine bus and gave me instructions to get to Haneda by train and monorail. Wasn't fun lugging the lugging on the snow covered streets but luckily had sent my bigger luggage to the next hotel. Still manage to get to Haneda same time I would have on the limousine bus with 1 hour to spare to the flight. Forgot to ask the young lady staffer's name but am grateful for her assistance and attention that morning.

Would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sq218
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I loved this hotel. The staff were very accommodating and their English was very good. The hotel is situated just off the Shinjuku station crossroads and near Shinjuku Southern Terrace. There are lots of Restaurants near by and a Family Mart across the street. The room is on the small size, but for me on my own, it was perfect. It was all very clean and quiet. I would recommend it to everyone travelling solo into Tokyo!

Room Tip: Stayed on floor 13, had a great view of the skyscraper area of Shinjuku. It was a non-smoking room s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Hotel Century Southern Tower
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#8 of 83 in Shinjuku
Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku

Been to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku? Share your experiences!