“Convenient location, helpful staff & very clean room”

Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Haneda Airport Limousine Bus to Hotel take 70mins + 1200YEN.
Narita Airport Limousine Bus to Hotel take 120mins + 3000YEN.
The above are the easiest way to the hotel for 1st timer as the Metro are quite confusing.

Check in is 2pm, the English speaking, extremely polite & helpful Receptionists will get you a room within 5mins. Check in/out quick and easy.

Room are small but consider worthwhile as all Tokyo hotel rooms are generally small.
Hotel have drinks vending machine & free ice machine on every floor.

Takashimaya are just across the road. 10 mins walk to Shinjuku Station (left side) to any parts of Tokyo. 10 mins walk to JR Yoyogi Station (right side) toward Harajuku Station & Shibuya Station.
Tip: Remember to buy Suica Card at Airport near to Limousine Bus Ticket Counter. Suica Card can be used on all Metro Train / Subway Train / most of the Bus. Save time from topping up single ticket when changing to different train company.

Convenient marts, McDonald and Ramen store are just beside the Hotel.

Overall, it's enjoyable.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room recommended.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank salvo56desmond
There are newer reviews for Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Narita Limousine bus does not drop off directly at the hotel in the morning so I had to walk about four minutes to the hotel. But the bus attendants were extremely helpful pointing out exactly where it was so it was not a problem. It did pick me up at 10:20 am when I left the hotel.(not 10:19 or 10:21; 10:20 exactly) For $60, take the 1 1/2 hour Limousine Bus and not the metro. (more later on this)
Check in is 2:00pm and I arrived at 10:30am and could not be accomodated that early. The English speaking reception employees were very helpful informing as to where I could go in the neighborhood and to point out where I could sit in the large, comfortable chairs in the lobby while waiting. At 1:30pm, I was able to check in.(the receptionist saw me sitting in the lobby and approached me to inform)
Rooms are very small, but what the hey; it's Tokyo and for this price it was a great deal. (about $128 per)
Lobby, rooms, elevators and entrance were all very clean and inviting.
Location is fantastic. Receptionists, all English speaking and extremely polite, amicable, and helpful to a man/woman, gave me a local map with restaurants, fast food places, and stores in the area. There is a Krispy Kreme about four minute away. They also took time to go into detail where stores in question were. (shortcuts too) Shinjuku station is about six minutes walk but be warned, is an absolute zoo. It is immense and even after four or five times there, I never knew where I was upon returning in the metro and needed assistance from locals, who always went out of their way to provide it. Do not take the train/metro from the airport to Shinjuku Station your first time here. You will be tired and I guarantee you will get lost in the maze that is Shinjuku Station.
All personnel at Sunroute Plaza were extremely polite and helpful, but not Dale Carneige in your face. I like that as I value my space.
The big three pluses here are location, personnel and price. It's a great place to stay and I will stay there next time in Tokyo.
I must stress how accomodating, polite and helpful all hotel receptionists were. Every request and question was met with a smile and answer. I should have asked if they could fix my computer as I'll bet they would have. (that really goes almost as much for the man on the street in Tokyo as well. I never saw a place with so well-mannered, helpful people)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank flint15
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent. Just few mins walked from shinjuku station and convenient to go shopping and eating around that area.

As is located at one of the main station, it's direct train to several locations like airport, hakone vis the romance car and etc.

The hotel is small but cosy. They kept it very clean and tidy for the guest. The price is consider worthwhile when you add up everything.

I strongly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again during my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I found myself in Tokyo for a night unexpectedly, and having had a great experience at the Sunroute in Nagano, thought I`d try this one. Well, let me tell you, it was a great decision. Close to the station, wonderful service, fantastic English speaking staff - in short everything you would expect from a hotel of this kind.

We had arrived 3 hours before usual checkin but we left our bags with reception, were offer complimentary towels and water as we were hot, and given a professional `can we be of any more service before your checkin later today?`

Best part thing about this hotel: the beds. They`re so comfortable, both wider and longer than standard Japanese hotel beds. Slept extremely well, so much so I didn`t want to leave for Osaka this morning.

I`ve also stayed at the Hilton Tokyo and Grand Hyatt Tokyo, for my money, Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a better value experience.

Additionally, walking from the hotel to Harajuku/Shibuya and back will take about 30 minutes either way, including a short visit to the shrine in Yoyogi park.

If you`re visiting Tokyo, or other parts of Japan, and haven`t heard of SunRoute chain before I encourage you to try them. It`s a wonderful hotel experience.

Room Tip: Level 6 is an entire non-smoking floor, if you`re looking for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rowan W
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is my 5th stay in this hotel. I come every year for the Tokyo marathon. The location is perfect - a short walk to the train station and very convenient for the Airport bus from Narita.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, not huge but I don't mind that. Complimentary internet access in the room, English newspapers, friendly staff and late check option if join the hotel club (something like 500yen, worth it if come regularly).

Thanks for another great stay :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed 2 nights end of Feb. Std Queen no smoking RO. Not as small as expected from other reviews, but yes really lacking in storage - no drawers and only hangers. Bathroom good, excellent shower. Check in/out quick and easy. Used guest lounge to do flight check in - keyboards need changing - Lots of letters worn out - you need to remember qwerty! we didn't use restaurant as lots in area, but beware of table charge and 'appetiser' charges.
Excellent location for station - thanks to shibuyakka for directions! Signage very good in station so although a rabbit warren we found it easy to navigate using Southern Terrace exit as out focal point. We used N'ex + suica from/to airport - easy. We left 2 suitcases,2 backpacks and ski bag at terminal 2 airport departures (they charged 3 days for @ £50) much easier than lugging it all to/fro for our short stay. NB: you can get refund on unused suica at JR ticket offices - welcome surprise meant it hardly cost us anything to do our sightseeing.
Would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Feburary in 2013., my daughter and I really had wonderful five stays in this hotel.
Very close to Shinjuku station, many restaurants to go near by, calm and quiet atmosphere even in the mid-city area, and most of all, perfect hospitality of hotel staff.
Guest room was a little small, but sufficient to take enough rest. I loved to spend time in cozy guest lounge.
Awesome accommodation!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sdc2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Hotel Century Southern Tower
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
#13 of 83 in Shinjuku

Been to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku? Share your experiences!