WINNER WONDERLAND

“ExceLlent value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
“ExceLlent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Close to shinjuku station, lots of excellent restaurants nearby staff were excellent and English speaking. Wifi available in the lobby. Rooms were small but very clean and convenient. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently visited Tokyo for a short holiday and my friend recommended me to stay in Sunroute Plaza in Shinjuku. This hotel is so conveniently located near to the Shinjuku train station as well as all the shopping and eateries in Shinjuku. Plus there are plenty of convenience stores around.

The service from the hotel front-desk staff was great and pleasant. All of them that I spoke to were able to communicate well with me in English (since I don't speak a word of Japanese) and they were very helpful when I asked for help.

While the single room was atad small but it was still very comfortable. More importantly, the room (including the bathroom) was well-maintained and clean. Having the airport shuttle bus right in front of the hotel was another plus point for me. All in all, I'm really happy with my stay with this hotel, great recommendation by my friend. Definitely coming back to stay here in my next trip to Tokyo!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited Tokyo in may 2009 and stayed there for two weeks. I booked everything with only internet (mostly from Tripadvisor review). And i wasn't disappointed.

The room were big and clean, the staff was really helpful.
We took a bus from the hotel to the airport and it didnt cost much. There is a restaurant near the entrance but we never ate there.
I know there was a laundry room to clean our clothes but it was really expensive, so we cleaned it in the bath of our room. Way cheaper.

There is a 7/11 near open 24h a day, you can buy many useful stuff there if you are hungry.

It's a really short walking distance from one of the biggest JR station (Which is amazing!). It is also really close from the Disney bus stop to go to Tokyo Disney land & sea.

It was also close from many many big shopping center, the Marui (0101) and much more. Don't be afraid to walk everywhere and just follow the people, it's how i managed to visit the neighborhood and i found out really nice spot.

Amazing hotel, i would go back ANYTIME, really.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank caroleuh
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited Tokyo again in October 2012, this time by myself. I returned to the Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku after my awesome stay the first time.

I love its central location; I caught public transport to and from the airport (I arrived at the local one actually!). There is always shops to explore and food to eat close by, plus the cental subway station to almost every line.

The room was once again clean and comfortable. I had slightly more room seeing that I left the husband at home ;)

I have recommended this hotel to family (my sister has stayed here) and would continue to do the same. I was happy to see an upgrade of internet in the lounge where wifi was available. I also used the cable internet in my room.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Uptownerd
Toronto,Ont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

only 5 min walk from SOUTH EXIT of Shinjuku JR station. Nice, clean with good breakfast area. Wifi only available in the lobby or 3rd floor lounge, although there is wired internet for the laptop in room. Rooms are quite small even compare to other Japanese hotels but the price is right. Good English speaking front desk staff. Overall, i would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights just before Christmas 2012. We stayed in a Universal Double room which is slightly bigger than the standard double. We requested this upgrade having knowledge of this prior to booking. We got the upgrade free of charge. I imagine the standard double would have been quite small. The universal double was a good size and it was easy for us to lay out our two big suitcases on the floor. The bathroom and bed were fine. Toilet was Japanese style with all the fancy buttons, none of which we used (we were not game enough to try it out). The tv had CNN, which was the only english channel, but it wasn't a big issue as we spent most of the time outdoors. We went in winter, and had no issue with the heating. There was a wide spread for breakfast and enough variation for us not to get completely sick of it by the end of the 8th day. The hotel is located 5 minutes walk from Shinjuku station, which as we understand it, is the largest station in the world. It took us almost 6 days to work out what exit to take for the hotel. The exit you need to take is the Southern Terrace exit, which you can access from the JR platform. We used the laundry facilities which were good and did the job. Oh and another good thing about this hotel was that there were plenty of english speaking staff at front desk. Only real let down was that wifi was not available in the rooms and only in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vijayarach
Campbell, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is an acceptable hotel for the business traveler on a budget. The rooms are clean with internet access. I stayed there at least six times over a couple of years. The front desk staff are helpful. The rooms are very small that I had my suitcase on the floor all the time. with very limited closet space, I could not hang all my clothes. One thing in favor of this hotel is it is within a walking distance of the subway station and you have some very reasonable restaurants in the area. If you are looking for very good accommodations, be prepared to pay a whole lot more

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Hotel Century Southern Tower
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#13 of 79 in Shinjuku
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,049 reviews

Been to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku? Share your experiences!