“Friendly, convenient and classy! Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is #1 for me!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Adelaide, Australia
“Friendly, convenient and classy! Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is #1 for me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was my second stay in 3 years, and the standards of this hotel are as fantastic as before.

The hotel in general is modern and classy looking, particularly the wonderful reception lobby area. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, able to speak and understand basic English.

The easy to find location and proximity to the train station (about 5mins walk for me 38 and my mother 63), restaurants, and awesome shopping is extremely convenient.

The room itself was clean (and maintained as such), modern, and roomy by Japanese standards. And there was a small room near the elevators containing drink vending machines, and pay TV voucher machine.

I wouldn't stay anywhere but here when coming to Tokyo in future. Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is #1 for me!

Tips
- from JR Shinjuku Station, we found it easiest to come out at the big South East exit, head towards the big white and orange clock of "First Kitchen". If we saw that, we knew we were going in the right direction!

- there is a "Family Mart" convenience store directly across from the hotel. Very handy to stop in at the end of the day to grab a quick cheap dinner (noodles, katsu, sushi etc), and some breakfast (chocolate filled pancakes yummm) for the next morning.

- there is a guest lounge on the second floor with Internet access computers, and u can get free wifi on your smart phone here too!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank AussieChops

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here during a short business trip in 2010. It was very convenient to get to, both from the train station and from the airport bus shuttle drop off. Each left you with less than 100 meters to navigate on foot. Ideally placed for access to Shinjuku.

Rooms are typically small, but scrupulously clean, and service is impeccable. A great choice for low maintenance travellers like ourselves. Everything works the way it should and it is clean

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have just returned from this hotel after spending 6 nights initially and then a final night after two days away in Kyoto. I was on a bit more of a budget this time and chose this hotel for it's location near my sons university accommodation. I had a standard twin room which was good. As previous reviewers have mentioned clothes storage space is limited. As I had my other son with me it was not too much of a problem as he travels light but I could imagine if two ladies were travelling together it may be a problem. The bathroom had lots of extras such as razors, hair scrunchie, toothbrushes, toothpaste, cotton buds etc. The location near to Shinjuku station is excellent. Thank you to a previous reviewer who listed directions from the station. I don't think I could have found it so quickly after a long flight without. When arriving at Shinjuku station (it is vast), take the South exit, cross the road and turn right. Walk down hill for a minute or so and take a left. The hotel is on the right after a couple of minutes walk. From Shinjuku station you can get all over the city easily. The reception staff were most helpful. They took delivery of a new suitcase for me from KLM who had damaged mine on the way and then they disposed of the old one with no qualms. When we left for Kyoto they kept one of my cases safely until my return so that was a huge help. The breakfast was also excellent. The choice was the same every day, however, the buffet selection was very wide encompassing Japanese, Western and continental. The bar and restaurant were expensive and closed reasonably early considering this was a hotel although I have nothing to compare it with in the city so this may or may not be normal. Wifi was available in the reception and also the guest lounge. I did manage to get it in the bar too. The guest lounge has fixed computers to use but I found them very slow and occasionally difficult as sometimes the characters were not the qwerty keyboard. There is LAN access in the room and whilst it works, again it can be slow. Overall I would definitely return if visiting my son again whilst he is in Japan.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Tokyo was our first stop in our 5 city Japan tour and we stayed in this hotel. As expected the room was small for twin sharing but it was all good & conveniently located near the train station and just opposite the big mall. So glad we chose to stay here. The front desk staff speaks decent english. They even have laundry area/coin operated washing machines which we should have used. You could really do the laundry your self ,save up if needed and spend your money instead on SHOPPING. Another thing.. I love their hair products. Wished I asked what products they use.Anyone knew... ?
I def would stay here again in a heartbeat.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

It will take a bit of time to get used to the small rooms especially if you are sharing, but everything else about the hotel is great. The hotel is less than 5 mins walk from Shinjulu station, if you take the Southern Terrace Exit. You take a left at the station exit, and go down some steps to your right just before Crispy Cream, and you will see it in front of you! Great location! The breakfast was pricy but worth it!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

As most of the hotel in Japan is small hence can't complain of it size. I'm surprise alot people complain Japan hotel being too small. This is my 3rd staying at this hotel. The hotel rated at 3 star but services and facilities close to 4 star. 5 Min walking distance from the train and main Shinjuku shopping complex. Plenty food around. What impress me is that they do indicate the housekeeper name that responsible for cleaning your room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My family and I had a fantastic stay at Hotel Sunroute. We arrived late at night on a Saturday and the hotel staff at the front desk was very helpful in getting us checked in. We had no problem with the room and I was glad I had booked the bigger room as we have two large luggages in each room plus two boxes of Japanese goodies. The only grouse is the temperature of the water in the showers. It is not consistent and I had bouts of cold water spraying on my body every now and then. Other than that, everything else in the room are fine and the housekeeping services were good.
I am a satisfied customer and I have enrolled as their member. This is not going to be my last visit to Japan and I will be staying at Hotel Sunroute in whichever place in Japan I may visit in the future.

Room Tip: For a family, the bigger room will be better for you. You will have enough space to hold your luggag...