This was my second stay in 3 years, and the standards of this hotel are as fantastic as before.
The hotel in general is modern and classy looking, particularly the wonderful reception lobby area. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, able to speak and understand basic English.
The easy to find location and proximity to the train station (about 5mins walk for me 38 and my mother 63), restaurants, and awesome shopping is extremely convenient.
The room itself was clean (and maintained as such), modern, and roomy by Japanese standards. And there was a small room near the elevators containing drink vending machines, and pay TV voucher machine.
I wouldn't stay anywhere but here when coming to Tokyo in future. Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is #1 for me!
- from JR Shinjuku Station, we found it easiest to come out at the big South East exit, head towards the big white and orange clock of "First Kitchen". If we saw that, we knew we were going in the right direction!
- there is a "Family Mart" convenience store directly across from the hotel. Very handy to stop in at the end of the day to grab a quick cheap dinner (noodles, katsu, sushi etc), and some breakfast (chocolate filled pancakes yummm) for the next morning.
- there is a guest lounge on the second floor with Internet access computers, and u can get free wifi on your smart phone here too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Rakuten, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo