I was very pleased with the Sunroute Plaza hotel. The room was clean and well presented, though small, which is common in Tokyo. I stayed for 5 days and had breakfast included in my rate. The breakfast buffet was large but did not vary from day to day so I basically had the same food for 5 days.
A few minor problems, I did have a little bit of a problem locating the hotel at night. It i actually easier if use use the southern terrace exit or new south exit from the Shinjuku Station as you are on the same side of the street rather than the South Exit which forces you to cross a busy street. This also places you in the middle of a pleasant promenade area where there is some shopping and eateries etc. When I came out of the south exit, I didn't see the hotel and had a difficult time locating it despite the hotel provded map.
Also, there are few extra amenities at the hotel. If you are looking for a gym etc there isn't one. But if you are just looking for a nice base to rest and explore Tokyo its great and centrally located and convenient. The staff speaks English well and is helpful. Takashimaya and a lot of shopping and retaurants are within easy walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Rakuten, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo