Hotel is a good base for sightseeing as a short walk to Shinjuku station where you can catch a train to just about anywhere. We had a queen room which was small, but big enough for the two of us, and stayed for 7 nights. Room was on the 6th floor at the front of the building but very quiet and could hear no street noise. Laundry in the basement of the hotel was a plus and cost 300Y for a 4.5kg load. Dryers were 100Y for 30 minutes and it took 1 hour to dry the whole load. My top tip for lunch or dinner is to go to the 32nd floor of the north tower of the Metropolitan Government Office Building. There is a cafeteria for the workers there but the public is allowed in. Meals are very reasonable (all around 550Y) and the servings are large. Also provide free cold water. We ate here nearly every night as it was much better value that the restaurants around Shinjuku. The food was hot and fresh. When you get out of the lift on the 32nd floor, turn right and walk down the hallway about 150 metres. Food displays will be on the left. Note there are two lots of food displays so look at both before making your decision. Then put your money into the vending machine and choose the corresponding number to the meal you want. Take the ticket to the counter and the staff will get your meal. Then sit at a table near the window for a great view over Shinjuku (remember you are on the 32nd floor). Return your tray to the mobile food racks (you can't miss them). Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, JAPANiCAN, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Rakuten, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo