Hotel Century Southern Tower
Ryokan
Keiunso(Shibuya)
Kadoya Hotel(Shinjuku)
  • Restaurant
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
  • Pool
2,109 results
All reviewsshinjuku stationkrispy kremehotel startsgreat locationtokyu handssouthern terracetakashimaya department storea small convenience storemt fujifloor lobbynarita expresstakashimaya times squaregood sizetokyo handssouth exitfrench bakerycorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Negatives: Expensive breakfast, no self-service laundry, no in-room dining.

Everything else is positive. The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is on the Southern Terrace of Shinjuku station. Once the Southern Terrace has finished remodeling, it will even be more convenient to get to. The hotel is in easy (within minutes) of the Shinjuku station and Yoyogi station - and thus it is easy to get anywhere in Tokyo. And since it is at Shinjuku station, Narita Express also stops here. It is within walking distance of all the department stores within the Shinjuku station area and right across from Takashimaya Square. Thus, there's plenty of shopping and dining options because of its proximity to Shinjuku and Shinjuku station. I did not try the restaurants in the hotel though (nor did I try the restaurants in the building). A Japan post office is right next to the hotel making it easy to get ATM withdrawals. There is also a Family Mart (and of course the department store grocery departments on the basement floor(s)) within easy walking distance (close to the post office) if you need supplies and groceries.

The room itself is quite large and spacious for Japanese standards. It is even large when compared to hotels I've stayed in the US and Canada. There was plenty of storage space and there were many complimentary bathroom supplies. There were also great views of the Shinjuku area. The room was also clean when examined by my UV blacklight. Beds were a bit hard, but it seemed like every Japanese hotel I stayed in during my trip had hard beds. The curtains were also near black out curtains which was extremely nice so I could sleep without being awakened by the sun. The TV also had plenty of Japanese as well as English channels (CNN, BBC, etc.).

The front desk/concierge service was also quite helpful. The front desk folks had sufficient command of English, though if I needed to ask them something a little more complicated, the front desk person would usually find a senior manager to help me out. They also helped us when we had to go to a Japanese hospital to make sure we didn't get the Asian flu. However, I wished the manager could have helped us a little more to make sure we got to the hospital correctly (he did give us a map to the International Medical Center of Japan, but I was hoping he would at least take us downstairs, then directed the taxi cab driver to the hospital).

The rate that we paid was extremely reasonable - approximately $180/night. I probably couldn't get this rate at any centrally located hotel in the USA and Canada, let alone in Shinjuku... Stayed for eight nights so I believe I have a decent feel for this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lsli88
Reviewed December 7, 2013

It's says shibuya, but it's directly across the tracks from the shinjuku station. If taking the narita express the walk to this hotel should only take you about 5 minute max. From the station, we did get lost and walked the long way and took 15. Here's a hint walk to the main rd turn left and as soon as you walk over the JR tracks turn left immediately down a sidewalk. There's a French bakery on the end to give you a reference. This turn is before the first 4 way intersection. Walk down this sidewalk toward Eddie Bauer, Krispy Kreme , and Starbucks. When you see the Krispy Kreme look up and to the right the tall tower is this hotel. The lobby is on the 20th floor. Amazing views and reasonably price. We saw my fuji from our window everyday, we were on the top floor. Very clean, large room, free bottle water. Breakfast is good, but overpriced. I tried it once loved it, but just ate croissants or something simple instead for the rest of the week. So much food and shopping and shrines nearby. Ideal location and so affordable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ppatric81
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Location was great.. just mins from shinjuku station.
Room is really big & spacious... simply love it!
Hotel was great.. staff was friendly
price as reasonable too..
it was a great place.
will definitely be back again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Located in the upper half if this high rise, views are guaranteed. Everything about this hotel makes it an all around too choice for Tokyo. The location, service, rooms and overall ambiance are top notch, yet the rates are surprisingly fair compared to name brand equivalents.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel is actually 3 minutes walk from Shnjuku station south exit. This location is exetemely convinient. The room size is OK and very well taken care of. No room service, but instead there is a shop that is open until 23;00. Breakfast is not great. However the great location combined with its price make it very worth while. All in all great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for the Fuji side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business