“Best View in Tokyo”

Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stayed at Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel twice. Loved it both time. Excellent location, super convenient (right on top of JR station). Big rooms for Tokyo standard. Get the rooms you can look at the city views if you stay here! Would definitely book here again for my next trip to Tokyo.

Room Tip: The higher the better with amazing city view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel was lovely and very close to Shibuya station. Our room was spacious and I would advise anyone booking any accommodation in Japan to ask for a twin room as they are always bigger. We were on 22nd floor with a huge window and an amazing view. Our only letdown with this hotel that they charge for Wi-Fi . We were away for three weeks and stayed in 8 different hotels and everyone offered free Wi-Fi. We were also surprised at the end of our stay when we were charged a Tokyo prefecture tax. Was only 600yen but we weren't charged when we stayed in Ginza.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise G
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We are not usually fans of large business hotels but our 5 night stay was a dream mainly thanks to the incredible service and concierge. Perfect guidance, support, welcome and restaurant booking - even preempting our own needs!
Our room on 23 rd was large and well appointed. Great bedsing and quiet! Breakfast is fresh and extensive. Delicious. And the bar upstairs is stunning.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice L
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel has an ideal location - Shibuya, which is great for exploring Tokyo. Overall good hotel, cleaning service would be the only thing I would complain about because they were lazy, but as far as I know hotels in Tokyo, this one is a better one with great value for money. Even the rooms were not too small, bathroom is nice, beatiful view from the room, quality bathroom amenities, friendly staff... Definitely worth of coming back.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is the best hotel I’ve stayed in Tokyo (best of four comparable hotels). I was met with professional, pleasant and welcoming service. The lobby is beautiful; plenty of seating and accessible wi-fi. The room was very clean and the decor is “simple and modern” – as the cerulean promotes. I actually think the room is nicer in person than in the professional photos. I had a problem getting my iphone on to the room wi-fi, but I notified the front desk and they promptly send someone up to assist me. It took about 15 minutes to get my phone connected, but tech support succeeded. I thought that was great customer service! I did not use many of the hotel amenities, but I would definitely stay here again to try them. If fact, I think I’ll book my room at the Cerulean Tower for the 2020 Olympics right now!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was our first time to Tokyo. The hotel is very large. It has several restaurants. It is in a neighborhood that is bustling. It would be a great place with teens. A great neighborhood for young people. The people at the front desk were very accommodating. We had a corner room with great views. The air conditioning worked great. The room was very quiet. There was a jazz bar, but very expensive cover charge. 50$ per person. We did not go. I would recommend to take the airport shuttle. It is worth the money. The cleanliness of the hotel and the cleanliness of our room was amazing. A very generous amount of toiletries. They even had a sign offering complimentary make-up for women. They do not offer complimentary coffee or tea in the room. There is a delicious little curry place a few doors down. Go there. We only ate one time in the coffee shop at hotel. We did not like the food there. So we did not eat at the hotel again. One time burned. Pool and health club and wifi extra.

Room Tip: They charge extra for 3 people. All hotels in Japan do. Corner room is best. But extra money. Th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Started my holiday here with my girlfriend (who is Japanese) - the receptionist (Shimada) made a sarcastic remark about us staying 2 nights but paying for 3 (as we wanted early check in). Then when we stated we wanted to pay cash, he repeatedly stated that "it's a lot of money are you sure you can pay cash?" I have never experienced such rude staff in Japan.
(my 4th time in the country and 8th hotel). We also asked for a room with view of Tokyo Tower, considering that we were paying a whole night extra for early check in - and this was denied.

When I raised this with management they handled it poorly, and instead of speaking to the manager as I requested - the receptionist Shimada made a half-baked apology stating that it was my misunderstanding (although it was all spoken in Japanese).

I cannot stress enough that this was the worst service I have ever encountered in Japan and one of the very worst hotel experiences I have had. I was meant to stay there again in August and instead chose to stay at Tokyo Hilton - which provided a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank delirium88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 118 in Minato

Been to Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel? Share your experiences!