“The bathroom sealed the deal”

Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Manila
“The bathroom sealed the deal”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Travelling with my husband and 3 daughters aged 23, 22 and 20 Shibuya was the only place I considered when searching for a hotel. We always stay in areas where all the action is and you can't beat Shibuya for the restaurants and shops and transportation.

Because we were getting two rooms one to be triple-shared I wanted to make sure that my 3 girls would be comfortable. It's quite hard to find good-sized rooms in Tokyo so when I found Cerulean in my search I knew this was the hotel for me. The room was big (about 30sqm) and the bathrooms were perfectly-sized. I considered another hotel to book but what clinched it for me (although the Cerulean cost $100 more per room) was the fact that the shower was separate from the tub. We all know that Tokyo is the cleanest city and all hotels would be very clean but I just don't trust tubs.

The bathroom was large and tastefully-designed. Ask for the Shu Uemura pack which has makeup remover and toner. They didn't have body lotion though which was unfortunate for me as I forgot mine and lotions are incredibly expensive in Tokyo!

The concierge was always very helpful. We would ask for directions everywhere and he or she would always take pains to make sure we would find what we were looking for. Have dinner in Gonpachi which is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. We all loved the atmosphere of this Izakaya and their sakes were superb.

Room Tip: All the rooms are high up so anywhere would have a view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Mrs. and I stayed here on the 24th floor facing the city (great view especially during sunset) for 2 nights on our recent vacation to Japan. The hotel is located in a pretty convenient location close to tons of shops, restaurants, and a few blocks from the Shibuya train station. Shinjuku or Shibuya are the best locations to stay in Tokyo for vacation. They have wifi in the rooms (it was free for us as a promotion but they seem to charge typically as noted when you sign-in for the first time). Also, to use the swimming pool and fitness center there's an additional charge so we did not use either.

The room was pretty clean and spacious relative to other hotels in the area which was expected considering the premium we paid. The condition of the room was good, the bed & pillow was comfortable, and the towels were soft. Customer service was very attentive even compared to the other hotels we stayed at in Japan. (My experience has been that all the hotels seem to have good customer service especially compared to high-end hotels in the U.S.). In additiona, Housekeeping was superb. It's nice that there's a 7-11 convenience store located at the building. A major plus is that the Cerulean is a stop on the Limousine Bus service to and from the airports so we didn't have to deal with paying a ton for a taxi or lugging our suitcases and backpacks to and through the train station on our way home. It's only 3000 Yen per person and was stress-free.

Overall, our stay at the Cerulean was a great one. For the price, I feel that it's worth the premium if you can afford to splurge a little bit. I have no big complaints thus I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krappei
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel centrally located in the bustling district of Shibuya. As a woman on my own I found the area very safe.There are three main reasons to stay here:
1. Shibuya is central and a good place to be. The train station is minutes from the hotel. It's also at the end of the line making it easy to find.
2. The limo express (airport bus) travels directly to this hotel. It makes commuting in and out of the city a breeze.
3. The views. Every corner of this hotel exudes a stunning view to rival even the much talked about Park Hyatt.

In addition to this, the staff are truly wonderful and the rooms are spotless with minimal decor.

The hotel would have been perfect if the beds were more comfortable (it was like sleeping on wood) and if wifi had been free.

If you can, sign up to Starbucks free wifi in advance and head to their coffee shop in Shibuya by the crossing. It's fast and free!

This is a great hotel and much like the people of Tokyo, make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room at the Cerulean was great. It was well kept and the view was amazing. At check in we were upgraded to a higher floor (thus the great view, see picture).

The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean.

Pros: Great Location, Friendly Staff, Nicely appointed room
Cons: Extra cost to use the pool, extra cost for WiFi, extra cost to go to rooftop bar.

Then again you cant avoid these extras in Tokyo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Service was 5 star. Room was nothing special, but was big, clean, great view of shibuya, huge bathroom. I was traveling with a friend and the room was not uncomfortable for 2 people with tons of stuff. The location was very convenient for puttering around in Tokyo, and overall seemed like a good value at the price we paid. I would stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was here on business travel for 4 nights in this hotel. I stayed on the 35th floor with sky view. It was the room nearest to the executive salon. The bedroom is one of the largest in Tokyo that you can find.

The housekeepers are polite and attentive to my needs. As there are too many pillows on the bed for one person, I left them at the side and on the couch. On the following day, the housekeeper left the extras aside(saves me the effort to remove them from the bed).

It is at a great location as it is a 5 mins walk to JR Line and Metro. Also, you are 5mins away from food haven and Shibuya Crossing! There are several restaurants and convenience store just next to the hotel. There are a airport limousine buses from/to Narita and Haneda Airport.

Though it is on the high end for pricing, it is definitely one of the most comfortable hotel in Tokyo!

Room Tip: Request for rooms facing the shibuya crossing!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Convenient by location, walking distance from Shibuya station, nice rooms, very good service - Japanese standard at its best.
Breakfast is a bit dissappointing for the little offer of food, even though the very fresh orange juice can make up for it, and also the lunch offer (same restaurant as breakfast) is not so wide.
I find it a bit too pricey and I think they should provide free wifi, for all the devices you have (the first device might be free of charge, but they charge you the other ones).
I wonder why in 2013 in a modern country wifi is at charge!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
#6 of 109 in Minato
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#8 of 82 in Shinjuku

Been to Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel? Share your experiences!